P500 Stock tire air pressure

K

kjpeterman

May 28, 2023
Fall Branch, TN
Ownership

1. 520
What are y'all running for tire pressure in stock tires for best ride quality/reliability. I have a new 520 and at 10psi it is obviously quite rough riding. I am running 8 now and it seems a bit better, just wonder how low I can go while avoiding flats. My Rancher is at 4.5 psi and have never had any issues. At 10 psi the contact patch also seems quite small, with edge tread not touching at all.

Kevin

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
It's a P5, don't blame all the rough ride on the tires.

I run 8psi a lot.
Dropped it to 6psi for a ride where I knew some p1k guys where looking to see if I could keep up.
Traction in the rough rocky parts was good, this was the ride where I made it up the Jelloco V-notch.
But no, I could not keep up on the gravel roads when they where going 40+ .
I did but I also have a rear pinch flat, I knew this was a significant risk.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What are y'all running for tire pressure in stock tires for best ride quality/reliability. I have a new 520 and at 10psi it is obviously quite rough riding. I am running 8 now and it seems a bit better, just wonder how low I can go while avoiding flats. My Rancher is at 4.5 psi and have never had any issues. At 10 psi the contact patch also seems quite small, with edge tread not touching at all.

Kevin
Like @lee said its a P520 lower tire pressure isnt going to make it ride better, just help with traction. When I had my P5 i ran 8psi when i had stockers on. But if u want to improve your ride quality, get rid of the stock shocks, dip into the pocketbook and get you some nice aftermarket shocks.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!