russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Where is everyone buying replacement filters? Partzilla is out of them. I have a 2016 1000-3.

Reactions: ChadD
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
DONT BUY AFTER MARKET FILTERS, ONLY USE OEM !
Don't ask how I know 🥺
Um, never being one to ignore a challenge . . . how do you know? 😇 Hope you weren't caught up in that "better atermarket filter" debacle from last year, where the supposedly better filter (can't remember name) failed and trashed a few engines. Then filter company waffled on making things right.

To cut down on dirt to the main filter, I added an oiled foam pre-filter (shown before oiling the foam):

20211009 212022

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Um, never being one to ignore a challenge . . . how do you know? 😇 Hope you weren't caught up in that "better atermarket filter" debacle from last year, where the supposedly better filter (can't remember name) failed and trashed a few engines. Then filter company waffled on making things right.

To cut down on dirt to the main filter, I added an oiled foam pre-filter (shown before oiling the foam):

View attachment 353984
Yep, indeed he was - a failed R2C trashed his Talon engine and they continue to turn their back on him and Sheetmetalfab right here. :mad:

Reactions: russknight
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep, indeed he was - a failed R2C trashed his Talon engine and they continue to turn their back on him and Sheetmetalfab right here. :mad:
Yeah, I almost got "sucked in" (excuse the pun) on that R2C deal as well. Watched the video, read the hype, thought about buying, then decided to wait (fortunately). For sure I thought the company would step forward and do the right thing (I know the company I own would do what's right), but that level of honesty was clearly lacking, I see. Bummer, and a heads-up warning when using aftermarket stuff that, if failed, would cause catastrophic damage.

Reactions: CID and russknight
M

Muley

May 16, 2022
Az
Ownership

1. 1000-3

View attachment 353984
Hey! That’s just what I’ve been looking for. K&N has nothing that will fit under the hood, where did you get that filter?

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!