P500 Air Filters

ShotgunClay

ShotgunClay

Mar 13, 2018
Founders Ranch New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
I've been using the OEM and No-Toil air filters since getting my 500 in early 2018. They seem to work fine but are a bit of a pain to deal with, installing, cleaning, and oiling. Any possible alternatives. I am in a high dust area, and put a fair bit of mileage on. (4800 miles including 6 months off for the Covid).

Thanks.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I made a snorkel with a under roof pre filter for my 500 and 700. I used 2.5 inch Napa hose and tubing.

Snorkel1 Snorkel2 Snorkel3 Snorkel4 Snorkel5 Snorkel6

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
I'm running a UNI 2-stage foam filter on my P5 as well as my quads. Have had several on my TRX250R over the years and I think they work the best for keeping dust and sand out of the intake track and the engine.

Only thing I know of other than what Trigger suggests of having spares already clean and oiled is if you can adapt one of those S&B particle separator Vortex air intake systems.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
K & N APOLLO -- Snorkel -- as seen in the pictures.
Eliminates -- Almost of 90° -- Annoying Filter Maintenance ( have used on both P500 & P700 )
Located upper left behind driver with inlet through the back of roof.
The Constant Air Flo -- Over Top & Aong Side of Roof -- Prevents Most of Dust from Entering Inlet.
This is the CLEANEST AIR AVAILABLE on Pioneer 500 with a roof.
Ride Gravel Road 15 miles to get to camp. Do not follow close behind any other riders.
Filter Checked Regularly & Only Cleaned Couple Times a Year even then it's Not Vary Dirty. ( IT REALLY WORKS )
Find K& N APOLLO filter online & fittings for snorkel at Lowe's or Home depot.

20201114 111649 20201114 111431

Last edited:
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
"I'm running a UNI 2-stage foam filter on my P5 as well as my quads. Have had several on my TRX250R over the years and I think they work the best for keeping dust and sand out of
Not to hijack the thread here, but with your uni are you running the inner cage it came with or did you swapnit out for the stock one? If so how does it hold up without the wedge thing on top of it??

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
I run the wire "spring" that comes with the filter. The "wedge" for the stock filter has to do with some emissions standard that the Pioneer's have to meet. The stock center piece is actually like a marine spark arrester that I think may be some requirement someplace Honda sells the Pioneer. Not 100% positive - maybe the Honda Tech guy on here can chime in on that one.

As for anything on the UNI filter "holding up" - it does just as good as the ones on my quads. It is a bit of a wrestling match to get the filter base/band clamp and air box opening all lined-up and stay lined up through the clamp tightening, but that's all. UNI designs the "spring" to keep the filter from collapsing from engine vacuum.

Reactions: Shadesmn

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!