P500 Air intake!! P5

FiremedicJJ

FiremedicJJ

May 30, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. 500
So.....first time time in the posts here. I put a few flow k&n air filter on the P5 today. I left the top off of the air box and damn that thing sounded amazing. I dont ride in part in dusting places (typically). Would it be weird to snorkel the P5 with one cone facing forward for air and one come facing to the rear. I’m not a mud rider, we ride trails and power lines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
here’s a good detailed thread on what u need to snorkel your P5. I did the same to my old P5

H

HondaTech

That bad? What does do to them?

The crankcase vent buts up against the stock air filter. When a K&N is installed they don't seal and can suck dirt directly into the bottom of the enigne. Also K&N doesn't filter worth a damm, I've seen dirt on the inside of carburetors with a K&N installed.

Reactions: JWB and Remington
500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
So.....first time time in the posts here. I put a few flow k&n air filter on the P5 today. I left the top off of the air box and damn that thing sounded amazing. I dont ride in part in dusting places (typically). Would it be weird to snorkel the P5 with one cone facing forward for air and one come facing to the rear. I’m not a mud rider, we ride trails and power lines

One of the biggest shocks to me when I got my p5 was how dirty the air filter gets after a couple of hundred miles when the intake is in the stock location. Coming from ATVs the filter would get dirty after about 5,000 miles.

Reactions: Gassygordo and JWB
bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
The crankcase vent buts up against the stock air filter. When a K&N is installed they don't seal and can suck dirt directly into the bottom of the enigne. Also K&N doesn't filter worth a damm, I've seen dirt on the inside of carburetors with a K&N installed.

I ran K&N filters in my first 01 RAM and it ran like a sewing machine to 272k when I was t-boned and truck totaled. I put one in a used RAM and put 150k on it with no problems.

Just sayin.

Reactions: OlYeller15
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Have ran K&N on lots of normal aspiration engines works good if you stay on top the maintenance. On forced induction engines like my 7.3 OBS powerstroke trucks nope.... just use a clean white cloth and wipe down flow of the filter and see if it’s for you..

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!