AK hunt draw

Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
I know there's a handful of AK guys on here. Anyone else put in for draws this year? I put in for Goat here on Kodiak and Bull Elk over on Raspberry Island. Probably won't draw anything, but I like the new system where we can put 6 for each species.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I know there's a handful of AK guys on here. Anyone else put in for draws this year? I put in for Goat here on Kodiak and Bull Elk over on Raspberry Island. Probably won't draw anything, but I like the new system where we can put 6 for each species.
Raspberry island! That has a nice "ring" to it. Very cool Jedi. Here in New Mexico, when I bought my acreage, it came with two elk tags. :)

Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Raspberry island! That has a nice "ring" to it. Very cool Jedi. Here in New Mexico, when I bought my acreage, it came with two elk tags. :)

Yeah it's part of the archipelago and I Could take a Zodiac to it pretty easily. We have small transplanted herds of Roosevelt Elk there and on Afognak. To my knowledge it's the only Elk opportunity in the state, and they don't give out many tags for bulls. Would love to have a pice of property like that! Where about in NM?

Reactions: Windrock1000
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yeah it's part of the archipelago and I Could take a Zodiac to it pretty easily. We have small transplanted herds of Roosevelt Elk there and on Afognak. To my knowledge it's the only Elk opportunity in the state, and they don't give out many tags for bulls. Would love to have a pice of property like that! Where about in NM?

East of Las Vegas 15 miles. It's at 8,000 feet. I just have an RV on it presently but I hope to build a pueblo style adobe house on it soon.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Man that's awesome! I love NM. Have spent quite a bit of time north of there in Taos and into Southern Colorado.
Taos is so b****in, we go there occasional and stay the weekend in various B&B's. Kit Carsons home and museum rocks. A lot of old history there, and of course on my side of the Rockies is the historic Santa Fe trail.

Reactions: AKRider
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hoping for a moose and caribou tag this year. I've been skunked for the last couple of years on draw tags.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I forgot to sign up for tier 1 this year, I was on vacation. Pretty bummed. No drawings. Nothing. I'm gonna have to do this the old fashioned way this year

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I forgot to sign up for tier 1 this year, I was on vacation. Pretty bummed. No drawings. Nothing. I'm gonna have to do this the old fashioned way this year

I think I know what the "old fashion way" means. You're welcome to shoot elk on my property!

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I drew for caribou - DC485. I guess I'll be back up on the Denali Hwy again... lol. Hopefully it won't be during the second half of the hunt. For moose it'll probably be area 14 on a hunt ticket.

advertisement
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I drew for caribou - DC485. I guess I'll be back up on the Denali Hwy again... lol. Hopefully it won't be during the second half of the hunt. For moose it'll probably be area 14 on a hunt ticket.
Nice. I love the T1 hunt. We go up to cantwell. I got a video of me shooting my first game animal last year in 4k. That was the fifth year I hunted but first time I did T1. I was the only one that did. Which meant I was the only person in the group that could legally take the caribou.

Shot a cow. Best meat ever. Not really a game taste. My dad shot a bull twords the rut. It was like lamb. Not so great.

Anyways I'm back to harvest hunts. Doubtful I'll get anything. I don't have a trailer, so I'm forced to go with the guys I go with, and they just seem to always get the shot.

I'm hoping my technical school will open up and I can get some full-time work. I've been stuck in limbo waiting on paperwork for the last 4 months If that's the case, I'll have my own crap and won't need to tag along with those guys.

Reactions: AKRider
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I think I know what the "old fashion way" means. You're welcome to shoot elk on my property!
Are you in Alaska too? Figured you were Montana.

I'll buy my plane ticket in a few months

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Didn't draw my Moose tag. But I'll be up in May for bear. We built a couple cabins at our bear camp a couple years ago so looking forward to getting back up there to enjoy them.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Beautiful country up there. I lived in Clovis for 5 years.
Right on the Texas border. Not quite like the New Mexico Rockies. Did you venture over this direction during your stay there?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Are you in Alaska too? Figured you were Montana.

I'll buy my plane ticket in a few months

No sorry. Southern Rockies in north central New Mexico. You're still welcome.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
View attachment 34901 Didn't draw my Moose tag. But I'll be up in May for bear. We built a couple cabins at our bear camp a couple years ago so looking forward to getting back up there to enjoy them.
That's b****in, are you a pilot.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!