P1000m5 AK_Centurion's P1000-5

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: pct and bobbyhill
A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
if I do just the spring spacers will I have to worry about anything like that?
If you don't have a lift, you shouldn't have any thing to worry about. You won't be gaining any suspension travel. You axle won't drop any farther, the shocks will limit that at full extension.

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Update on the blower/heater.
Went on a 30 mile ride today. Temps in the mid 30s. Every time I put my hand near the vent, I could feel hot air. I only have a wind deflector, no roof, but I was comfortable. When ever I stopped you could really feel the lower cab area start to warm up. It should work better once adjust the blower to pull only hot air, not a mixture. For those of you that have some sort of enclosure, this may be a great option vs the Honda heater kit.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Should have a good chance to test the output tomorrow. Forecast calling for a high of 36 degrees. Still think I'll have to build a shroud or move the blower closer to the center. Won't have any reliable review for moisture. I only have the wind deflector, nothing else. I did notice a good amount of heat come through the access panel whenever the fans kicks in. Might looking into a way to harness the heat when we need it or deflect it toward the wheel well to keep from steaming you out in the summer.
I was meaning if it works for defrost as well. What speed would you say you have good heat to? Itll be nice to hear further reviews

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
I was meaning if it works for defrost as well. What speed would you say you have good heat to? Itll be nice to hear further reviews
My vent blows out of the center panel below the bench. It would be possible to run some duct hoses up to the dash area. The OEM heater is designed to be mounted under the driver seat, and hoses are run under the tunnel next to the drive shaft and up behind the dash.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Should be pretty cold by the time I can get out for another ride. Only have a few more days to finish projects, then back to work for 2 weeks.

Reactions: Tigermark
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
With just a deflector, probably not fast enough for you. We were only doing 10-20 MPH.

That's not bad with a partial!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!