Alignment of front skid plates, shortening the P5

M

McKay59AB

Aug 20, 2014
N.Central Washington
The bottom of the front bumper is actually the start of the skid/abrasion plates. I noticed that the front plastic plate hung lower than the bumper plate. You may want to check your machine and see if you have this issue. I modified the front bumper quite easily by removing about 1 inch from the upper bumper mounts. This allows the bumper to swing back and drop the back of the bottom to drop down a bit and align. At the same time I made the P5 a little over .5 inches shorter to meet DOT regulations of Washington State and British Columbia. If you haul your P5 sideways on a trailer and cross USA/Canadian Customs than the 1/2 inch over 102 inches might make a differance. Pics available.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!