P1000 All Balls Tapered Wheel bearings

C

Captain1989

Jun 10, 2024
Calgary Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Guys I've tried searching but wasn't able to find anything, Has anyone upgraded to the Taper Wheel bearings that All Balls offers part number 25-1728? A tapered wheel bearing makes a lot of sense to me from a serviceability standpoint as well as a strength standpoint. Does anyone have any experience with them did they like them or were they prone to failure like the standard roller bearings?

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hey Guys I've tried searching but wasn't able to find anything, Has anyone upgraded to the Taper Wheel bearings that All Balls offers part number 25-1728? A tapered wheel bearing makes a lot of sense to me from a serviceability standpoint as well as a strength standpoint. Does anyone have any experience with them did they like them or were they prone to failure like the standard roller bearings?
? - looks the same as any other sxs wheel bearing - all are greasable including the part number you listed - please educate

still don't know whats wrong with OEM other than price or the crossover equivalent

thanks

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Nothing is wrong with OEM, some people just want to waste money
Ah ah ah!!☝🏻 hes a new guy dont be mean🤣

All funniness aside, OEM all day. Not sure about all balls wheel bearings but there axels suck. I made that mistake years ago.

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oem is the best all balls and pivet works suck, but I've had timkens that I got from parts store in the back for 9k no problems

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Aren’t the oem bearings ball bearing not roller bearing?

C

Captain1989

Jun 10, 2024
Calgary Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All my OEM bearings are shot and they are massively expensive to replace. The machine only has 3000 kms (1800 miles) on it which doesn't seem like a lot for the almost $1000 in bearings honda wants for replacements. I had a yamaha rhino previously and I got almost 10000Km on the OE bearings with that machine on the same terrain (but it was a significantly lighter machine). I ride mostly in mountainous rocky terrain so lots of climbing, side hilling and driving over large rocks and very rough terrain in turn it creates a lot of lateral forces on the bearings. Ball bearings by design work very well with vertical loads but not extremely well with lateral forces, a roller bearing and cup take lateral forces much better providing they are torqued properly. I used the all balls ball bearings in my yamaha and they had to be replaced regularly as a tapered roller bearing option was not available so I'm by no means an All Balls fan boy but I am looking to reduce the amount of service I have to do to the machine as it stays at my campsite all year and is a pain to trailer home and trailer back for service at my shop at home. My question was if anyone has ran them and had any feedback they advertise 95% better static and 86% better dynamic load capacity compared to standard DAC bearing but we all know companies claims and real world rarely line up. Not looking to "waste money because it says performance on the box" which is why I'm asking if anyone has ran them in the real world.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All my OEM bearings are shot and they are massively expensive to replace. The machine only has 3000 kms (1800 miles) on it which doesn't seem like a lot for the almost $1000 in bearings honda wants for replacements. I had a yamaha rhino previously and I got almost 10000Km on the OE bearings with that machine on the same terrain (but it was a significantly lighter machine). I ride mostly in mountainous rocky terrain so lots of climbing, side hilling and driving over large rocks and very rough terrain in turn it creates a lot of lateral forces on the bearings. Ball bearings by design work very well with vertical loads but not extremely well with lateral forces, a roller bearing and cup take lateral forces much better providing they are torqued properly. I used the all balls ball bearings in my yamaha and they had to be replaced regularly as a tapered roller bearing option was not available so I'm by no means an All Balls fan boy but I am looking to reduce the amount of service I have to do to the machine as it stays at my campsite all year and is a pain to trailer home and trailer back for service at my shop at home. My question was if anyone has ran them and had any feedback they advertise 95% better static and 86% better dynamic load capacity compared to standard DAC bearing but we all know companies claims and real world rarely line up. Not looking to "waste money because it says performance on the box" which is why I'm asking if anyone has ran them in the real world.
I wont buy oem parts in Canada. Same part #.

Reactions: TripleB
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X

Question - are you maintaining the bearings with periodic greasing? and what makes you think the all balls is a tapered preloaded bearing similar to a trailer wheel bearing - this is confusing to myself.

there are members on here with literally well over 10K US miles (lol) on the OEM bearings

Can u explain what costs $1K - parts alone or is that a quoted price parts and labor from a Honda service department? these are like $30-$40 each in the US so..............

Last edited:
Reactions: TripleB
advertisement