H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Not impressed with the new 4 seat turbo. $25,699, 27,999, and 32,299 all without a roof. The owners manual gives the maintenance schedule. Belt inspection and clean up every 500 miles and there is maintenance every 250 miles. For the sand dunes the 195 hp Can Am Maverick should be a much better choice. The Maverick needs the belt inspection and repair as necessary every 1,000 miles, the Kawasaki is every 1,200 miles. The 2 seat Kawasaki has a belt temp sensor and its important to install a belt temp sensor on the RZR and Maverick for sand dune use. In my opinion a 4 seat turbo is a bad idea. With passengers you have to have a huge safety margin so you don't hurt anyone especially kids.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not impressed with the new 4 seat turbo. $25,699, 27,999, and 32,299 all without a roof. The owners manual gives the maintenance schedule. Belt inspection and clean up every 500 miles and there is maintenance every 250 miles. For the sand dunes the 195 hp Can Am Maverick should be a much better choice. The Maverick needs the belt inspection and repair as necessary every 1,000 miles, the Kawasaki is every 1,200 miles. The 2 seat Kawasaki has a belt temp sensor and its important to install a belt temp sensor on the RZR and Maverick for sand dune use. In my opinion a 4 seat turbo is a bad idea. With passengers you have to have a huge safety margin so you don't hurt anyone especially kids.
I don’t know what I’d buy if I were switching from a Honda, definitely not a Polaris. I like the Teryx 4 and the Wolvie X2, I think they are both solid machines but I lose interest when I start thinking about belt maintenance every so often.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The tour guide guy we talked to out in Moab ran a teryx 4 and went everywhere in that thing!
I bet, I was watching a few videos last night and came across this one, very impressive considering the Teryx really isn’t using that much horse power. I was hell bent on a wolvie but I’d have to give the Teryx a hard look.

J

JTW

I bet, I was watching a few videos last night and came across this one, very impressive considering the Teryx really isn’t using that much horse power. I was hell bent on a wolvie but I’d have to give the Teryx a hard look.

Yup... and if I can’t hit those types of things with a little wheel speed, then mine just chokes out with the 30’s... it’s reeeeal frustrating!

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yup... and if I can’t hit those types of things with a little wheel speed, then mine just chokes out with the 30’s... it’s reeeeal frustrating!
That’s the problem I have with the 700, I got wedged up in some rocks out at Windrock and had it flat to the floor and it wouldn’t even spin the tires. Granted I was going up hill and got hung up, but those damn belt machines do have an advantage through clutching sometimes. I still like not having to carry a belt and mess with all of that though.

J

JTW

That’s the problem I have with the 700, I got wedged up in some rocks out at Windrock and had it flat to the floor and it wouldn’t even spin the tires. Granted I was going up hill and got hung up, but those damn belt machines do have an advantage through clutching sometimes. I still like not having to carry a belt and mess with all of that though.
I agree...

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I don’t know what I’d buy if I were switching from a Honda, definitely not a Polaris. I like the Teryx 4 and the Wolvie X2, I think they are both solid machines but I lose interest when I start thinking about belt maintenance every so often.
Our Polaris was bad, I think like 6 belts in about 2700 miles. The clutched belts are different, over 3500 in our Wolvie now with no maintenance and been beaten by everyone. Talking to a member the other day that was telling me to replace it, but I’ll wait till 5k.

Reactions: Mudwing and Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Our Polaris was bad, I think like 6 belts in about 2700 miles. The clutched belts are different, over 3500 in our Wolvie now with no maintenance and been beaten by everyone. Talking to a member the other day that was telling me to replace it, but I’ll wait till 5k.
I think Yamaha has the belt drive figured out and dialed in. As tough as the Kawasaki Mules are, it makes me want to check out a Teryx. We had a mule with 4000 miles on it and never did anything to the belt.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
zero belt maintenance on a yamaha cvt.

Reactions: Mudwing and Russ989
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
the biggest difference between the teryx and the wolvie is the ride and room.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
the biggest difference between the teryx and the wolvie is the ride and room.
I feel like I need to keep a 4 up rig, I think if I went back to a 2 seat I’d regret it at this point. I hate the seat configuration in the X4 so the Teryx is the obvious choice if I’m not buying another Honda. If Honda would have put a low in the 700 I’d be 100% satisfied with it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I feel like I need to keep a 4 up rig, I think if I went back to a 2 seat I’d regret it at this point. I hate the seat configuration in the X4 so the Teryx is the obvious choice if I’m not buying another Honda. If Honda would have put a low in the 700 I’d be 100% satisfied with it.
Tyrex is a good machine but a little crude, been around a couple. I’d personally say x4 or Pioneer 1000. We drove the x4 and it really was a nice machine but I definitely prefer the p1k5.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tyrex is a good machine but a little crude, been around a couple. I’d personally say x4 or Pioneer 1000. We drove the x4 and it really was a nice machine but I definitely prefer the p1k5.
That’s good to know since I don’t know anyone with one.

Reactions: Mudwing
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yeah I'm still pissed they didn't keep the original Rspec platform and put the new 850 in it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!