P1000 ALL Pioneer 1k owners cast your poll vote!! ***CLUTCH FAILURE TRACKING***

Had clutch failure? Cast vote for only vehicles you own!

• 1000-5 YES

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • 1000-5 NO

Votes: 93 70.5%
  • 1000-3 YES

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • 1000-3 NO

Votes: 28 21.2%

• Total voters
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ditto. I was trying to explain to my grand father in law that I'm not working on my rig as I bought a warranty. He said if I knew it was a problem and my local shop takes a month to change my clutches (pretty f***ing slow shop, I'm very disappointed. Sometimes mom and pop go out of business to the big guy for a reason I suppose) I should just get set up to do it. They took 2.5 months to change my roll cage. The bill was 4 hours of shop time.....

Well I'm not. I paid good money for that warranty, and even gooder money for a brand new machine that won't break down on the trail. Honda can fix this rig, or I'm done with Honda. Literally the only reason I bought this machine is the 4 wheelers were bullet proof and I couldn't think of anyone I wanted to give 20k to more than the company that sold me iron clad moose getters.

Anyways, old man can't dig it. Moral of the story is he is an old man. I never said it was a good story.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
We got a little mom n pop dealership where I live. I wouldn't take a used bicycle there for service lol. A month to replace?? That's just crazy. They may do me like that as well, but it's gonna cost them too. Cause I'd be calling every day over a week and visiting every other day lol. They'd probably give me a loaner just to get me to leave them alone lol

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Didn't say all the way across. Like half way if you want to be technical
Just chuckling at the concept, not intending to be technical. It's all good Plumber. :)

Reactions: Plumber32
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ditto. I was trying to explain to my grand father in law that I'm not working on my rig as I bought a warranty. He said if I knew it was a problem and my local shop takes a month to change my clutches (pretty f***ing slow shop, I'm very disappointed. Sometimes mom and pop go out of business to the big guy for a reason I suppose) I should just get set up to do it. They took 2.5 months to change my roll cage. The bill was 4 hours of shop time.....

Well I'm not. I paid good money for that warranty, and even gooder money for a brand new machine that won't break down on the trail. Honda can fix this rig, or I'm done with Honda. Literally the only reason I bought this machine is the 4 wheelers were bullet proof and I couldn't think of anyone I wanted to give 20k to more than the company that sold me iron clad moose getters.

Anyways, old man can't dig it. Moral of the story is he is an old man. I never said it was a good story.

Alaska Cycle Center will NEVER see my machine for any work and NEVER see one more dollar from my pocket. That whole operation sucks. I will take mine to Hartleys or down to Soldotna.

D

Dingo1

Nov 21, 2016
Norgegg A.B.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
1. Model (1000-3,-5,EPS deluxe)
2. Miles when failed
3. Normal riding style/terrain
4. Modifications (tire size, added weight)
Just trying to see if there's a pattern with machines that burned cluthes up besides low rpm and big tires.

Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm pretty sure JACKAL already started a list with clutch issues back in Jan/Feb 2016. You may want to get with him. Just a FYI so you can compare notes.
Im just trying to get a more uniformed list with models and modifications. So far my own theory that means nothing lol but its true. I think these machines when loaded down and the added weight of the 5 seaters is just a tad too much. Seems like 3 seaters are few and far between burning cluthes up.

Reactions: Ridem32
1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Does this site have posting option for a poll? I haven't seen it on this site but have on others. Most of you have probably seen them, they usually ask a few questions with options for your answer and keep up with the totals and percentages for each answer. The questions could be pretty basic. Which P1000 model, P3 or P5? Have you experienced clutch problems, yes, no? If yes was your machine loaded or in a high load (deep mud, steep hill, ect.) situation? Ya'll get the gist of it. This way we could see how many have had problems versus those who haven't.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Does this site have posting option for a poll? I haven't seen it on this site but have on others. Most of you have probably seen them, they usually ask a few questions with options for your answer and keep up with the totals and percentages for each answer. The questions could be pretty basic. Which P1000 model, P3 or P5? Have you experienced clutch problems, yes, no? If yes was your machine loaded or in a high load (deep mud, steep hill, ect.) situation? Ya'll get the gist of it. This way we could see how many have had problems versus those who haven't.

Good idea....

B

boatman22

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2016
Woodlands TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand
Is Honda taking care of the clutch problems? I was reading my warranty and it says that they exclude the clutches as it is a wear item.

Reactions: Eltobgi
advertisement
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Is Honda taking care of the clutch problems? I was reading my warranty and it says that they exclude the clutches as it is a wear item.
Honda has done a great job of honoring the warranty for clutches.

We are just mad that we have to warranty our machines in the first place.

Reactions: Dingo1 and AKRider
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I like that. It would also help if every P1K owning member would participate. As far as I can tell, just ten members have taken the poll in this thread.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
20% FAILURE RATE SO FAR!

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
Alberta Canada P1000-5 2900km normal use burnt clutch on very steep hill using engine to hold machine for a short time
Where did you buy your machine? RMH? Turple Bros?

Reactions: dotman1
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That seems high doesn't it? More people that have had problems are responding than haven't.
That's the problem with doing a poll your only going to get those who had failures chime in and leave feed back. The poll is a good visual to seat what has failed but not a good measurement of over all failures comparing non failures. I did see someone said they had a 1000-3 clutch fail. If you had failures please post with a response from original post so we can hopefully learn from this and try to piece together some similarities if there is any. From piecing together threads about this id never seen a 1000-3 clutch failure, not saying one or 2 wasn't over looked or missed.

Reactions: JTW
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That's the problem with doing a poll your only going to get those who had failures chime in and leave feed back. The poll is a good visual to seat what has failed but not a good measurement of over all failures comparing non failures. I did see someone said they had a 1000-3 clutch fail. If you had failures please post with a response from original post so we can hopefully learn from this and try to piece together some similarities if there is any. From piecing together threads about this id never seen a 1000-3 clutch failure, not saying one or 2 wasn't over looked or missed.
I hadn't realized that this was confined (at least mostly) to the P1K-5. I'm glad I got the P1K-3. I just don't know how we could get every P1K owner here to take this poll.

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3

This is correct, the more participation we have the better gauge it'll be.

Reactions: joeymt33
wilson111

wilson111

Jun 11, 2015
SC
Seems like every time I look at Honda Pioneer 1000 on Facebook somebody else is posting about their clutches failing...I've given my hell so far and have not had any clutch problems but it does have me worried when I go out for long ride like to windrock!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!