Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
H&w Honda I ride hard and have had mine under water a foot from the roof it stayed ther 30 min waiting on someone to get close enough to hook to me when we pulled it out was still running no water n anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you shared pics of that? Can you? I got to see it.

X4Dice

X4Dice

Jun 3, 2016
USA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
I used 1/4 fuel line and just taped frog skin pieces over each end to keep bugs and rain out. Person could use 1/4" connectors and hose clamps instead of tape.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Don't think it should be any problem using them for the fuel tank or fan.

Please don't think I'm a naysayer here but are you planning to use a bellows on the fuel tank?
It would have to be like a 7 gallon bellows
When you screw the gas cap on the only paths in or out are the vent and the fuel feed to the engine.
So the pump will pump out 5 gallons of gas and 5 gallons worth of air needs to come in from the bellows, right?

It seams more logical that I have miss understood what your proposing.
Hell, the honda engineer that put the stock vent tube on looks like a genius compared to my 7 gallon bellows.

Reactions: BigOL3
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Please don't think I'm a naysayer here but are you planning to use a bellows on the fuel tank?
It would have to be like a 7 gallon bellows
When you screw the gas cap on the only paths in or out are the vent and the fuel feed to the engine.
So the pump will pump out 5 gallons of gas and 5 gallons worth of air needs to come in from the bellows, right?

It seams more logical that I have miss understood what your proposing.
Hell, the honda engineer that put the stock vent tube on looks like a genius compared to my 7 gallon bellows.
Haha ........... guess I just had a brain fart. You are right!

U

Unionator

Jun 28, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2018 Pioneer 1000 s5 deluxe. I had the seat of the other day to see where the vent lines were located. All of the ones that I found seem to be mounted horizontally and are at least at the bottom of the seats. To me it doesn't seem possible for water to get in simply by rain or washing your side by side. I don't plan on submerging it in water. Should I still add the vent line kit? Appreciate any feedback.

Reactions: dnjones161
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2018 Pioneer 1000 s5 deluxe. I had the seat of the other day to see where the vent lines were located. All of the ones that I found seem to be mounted horizontally and are at least at the bottom of the seats. To me it doesn't seem possible for water to get in simply by rain or washing your side by side. I don't plan on submerging it in water. Should I still add the vent line kit? Appreciate any feedback.
Most dont plan on submerging it....but sometime theres that o s*** moment. Its cheap insurance, so you dont have to worry.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rain water can run along the frame and still get in your vent lines. For the low price it costs to extend them, it's pretty cheap peace of mind in my opinion.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I bought the kit, but to be honest, I'm not all that excited about running vent hoses all the way up my roll bars..

What do you guys up here in the PNW do?

The chances I'll ever be in water deeper (or as deep) as my floorboards is slim and none.

Has anyone run the hoses up to say.... bedrail height? Put a nice short loop in it.. face it downward? I dunno.. just not diggin the look.

Reactions: dnjones161
dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Thank you for posing this question. I'm in the same "boat", no pun intended. Thought the advantage to buying the 18 was that all these quarks we're worked out . I have been searching the forum for another guy that was late to the Pioneer game, but most seem to have 16/17 models.

I'm thinking I need to go to the Pioneer Takeover next year and see what exactly all these mad men are doing with their machines! I was a Polaris RZR convert, so I am glad to see the lack of a-arm/bearing/belt (duh) complaints over here on the other side .

Reactions: Mudwing
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Is there an easy way to get to the vent line on the water pump on a pioneer 1000

It’s hanging under the motor pointed straight down. Shouldn’t be too hard to find.

For what it’s worth, my pump weep hose has been under water tons of times for thousands of miles and no issues yet. It’s still stock.

Reactions: BWAF
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!