P1000 all the vent hoses and locations

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did the same thing this evening. I had an extra bellow so I put that on there.

E4cdbd0ca39819b439e711ddb209c93c

I think this box contains the adjustments for cable operated shifters. Not completely sure on this but seems like I saw a picture of it somewhere.
it contains the adjustment for the parking brake.

Reactions: joeymt33
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If anyone is still looking for the crank case ventilator, according to the service manual, it comes out of the valve cover and goes into the intake filter box so it should be good unless you get water down your snorkel.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry but can someone post a picture of the fan vent? I am not sure where to look.

Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
This means that any volatile gasses are
recycled through the engine. That makes
me feel better about adding the bellows
pretty much everywhere else.

John

If anyone is still looking for the crank case ventilator, according to the service manual, it comes out of the valve cover and goes into the intake filter box so it should be good unless you get water down your snorkel.

K

KD_Pioneer1k5

Feb 15, 2016
Wv
I thought about making a post with this info and pictures. The only one I am not sure about is the crank case as you mentioned.

- fuel tank (most important)
- sub transmission
- front diff
- rear diff
- fan
- coolant overflow (maybe)
- What else???

I know there is a vent on top of the head with a built in check valve to disallow oil from exiting. There should be one on the bottom 1/2 Of the case also.
This needs to be explored!

Do you happen to have a parts list? (IE. Tubing size, tees, clamps anything?) Thanks for the help. I have the maiden off-road voyage this weekend and want to get to get it right before I get out. The winch should be here tomorrow as well, so I have a long couple of evenings after the kids soccer practice. I am hoping to stop by store tomorrow and get vent material.

H

Hucker

Jul 30, 2016
SE AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you happen to have a parts list? (IE. Tubing size, tees, clamps anything?) Thanks for the help. I have the maiden off-road voyage this weekend and want to get to get it right before I get out. The winch should be here tomorrow as well, so I have a long couple of evenings after the kids soccer practice. I am hoping to stop by store tomorrow and get vent material.

Buy 25'+ of 1/4" fuel line. You will need a 1/4x1/4 barb fitting (ea) for the fuel line vent and the sub-trans vent lines. I used 1/8x1/4 barb fittings for the front and rear diffs. You could use a 1/4x1/4x1/4 barb fitting to then tie the fan vent line into the front diff vent line. Lastly, you would need another 1/4x1/4x1/8 (or 1/4 x 1/4 x 1/4 spliced into your new line) barb fitting to tie the adjustment box vent into the sub-trans vent line. The list would look like:

(25'+) 1/4" fuel line
(2) 1/4 x 1/4 barb fittings [fuel line and sub-trans under seat]
(2) 1/4 x 1/8 barb fittings (or a way to reduce from 1/4" to 1/8") [Front and rear diffs]
(2) 1/4 x 1/4 x 1/8 barb t-fittings [Fan vent to front diff line & adjuster box vent to sub-trans vent line] if you use 1/4 x 1/4 x 1/4 barb t-fittings, add (2) more 1/4 x 1/8 barb fittings to make the necessary connections
(14) 1/4" (or whatever size fits your new fuel line) stainless steel hose clamps
(25+) UV resistant zip ties

Hope this helps.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Buy 25'+ of 1/4" fuel line. You will need a 1/4x1/4 barb fitting (ea) for the fuel line vent and the sub-trans vent lines. I used 1/8x1/4 barb fittings for the front and rear diffs. You could use a 1/4x1/4x1/4 barb fitting to then tie the fan vent line into the front diff vent line. Lastly, you would need another 1/4x1/4x1/8 (or 1/4 x 1/4 x 1/4 spliced into your new line) barb fitting to tie the adjustment box vent into the sub-trans vent line. The list would look like:

(25'+) 1/4" fuel line
(2) 1/4 x 1/4 barb fittings [fuel line and sub-trans under seat]
(2) 1/4 x 1/8 barb fittings (or a way to reduce from 1/4" to 1/8") [Front and rear diffs]
(2) 1/4 x 1/4 x 1/8 barb t-fittings [Fan vent to front diff line & adjuster box vent to sub-trans vent line] if you use 1/4 x 1/4 x 1/4 barb t-fittings, add (2) more 1/4 x 1/8 barb fittings to make the necessary connections
(14) 1/4" (or whatever size fits your new fuel line) stainless steel hose clamps
(25+) UV resistant zip ties

Hope this helps.
To make life easier, auto parts stores sell an assortment of fittings all in one package. They are white plastic vacuum line fittings. Mine was less than 8 bucks. Would save you from looking for all those different sizes.

K

KD_Pioneer1k5

Feb 15, 2016
Wv
To make life easier, auto parts stores sell an assortment of fittings all in one package. They are white plastic vacuum line fittings. Mine was less than 8 bucks. Would save you from looking for all those different sizes.

Thanks Delton and Hucker, I'm headed to Napa right now.

B

boatman22

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2016
Woodlands TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand
Anyone have the bellows part# and where to buy?

H

Hucker

Jul 30, 2016
SE AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reconsider using the bellows....I forget who, but someone had seal issues after running the bellows. Run vent lines up to the roofline.

Reactions: sharp
B

boatman22

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2016
Woodlands TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand
Reconsider using the bellows....I forget who, but someone had seal issues after running the bellows. Run vent lines up to the roofline.
Thanks...

Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Bringing this back from the dead. Where are you guys actually running these vents to? I saw someone said roof line so are you running them up the roll bar? Just brain storming that probably doesn't look very appealing to the eyes

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bringing this back from the dead. Where are you guys actually running these vents to? I saw someone said roof line so are you running them up the roll bar? Just brain storming that probably doesn't look very appealing to the eyes

Here's where I ran mine that go to the rear diff, fuel tank and sub trans. They are actually tucked a little further behind the roll bar than what this shows.

20160709 213202

Reactions: nbomar and sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Yep, that was me. The bellows lasted around 800 miles and I had them installed everywhere. It was the rear diff that blew a pinion seal while riding fast on a 95° day. It just couldn't expand enough. Also, the muffler is 1" from the rear diff so it gets heat from the exhaust.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I thought about making a post with this info and pictures. The only one I am not sure about is the crank case as you mentioned.

- fuel tank (most important)
- sub transmission
- front diff
- rear diff
- fan
- coolant overflow (maybe)
- What else???

I know there is a vent on top of the head with a built in check valve to disallow oil from exiting. There should be one on the bottom 1/2 Of the case also.
This needs to be explored!

I got the sub trans, rear diff, fuel tank, leaving the front diff alone as others have suggested. What else am I missing.

Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where are these at? I didn't see pics in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fan is the clear line on the fan. Selector box is under rear driver's side floor board

Reactions: joeymt33
B

boatman22

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2016
Woodlands TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand
Has the how-to every done for the vent lines?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!