All things R/C

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
This is the 2wd I won in the raffle from a professional racer from JConcepts. The truck with the orange battery is my Team Associated T4.2 with carbon chassis, carbon a-arms bulkheads it's too light to race in big races there are rules your vehicle has to weight so much and cant be under. I attended a Jconcepts cup and had to run it in novice it wasn't regulation.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
This is the 2wd I won in the raffle from a professional racer from JConcepts. The truck with the orange battery is my Team Associated T4.2 with carbon chassis, carbon a-arms bulkheads it's too light to race in big races there are rules your vehicle has to weight so much and cant be under. I attended a Jconcepts cup and had to run it in novice it wasn't regulation.
Who's car was it? JR Mitch or Ruona I'm guessing since it's a full AE ride with the Reedy stuff. I used to race for JConcepts back in the day:

AdamAE

AdamRC8Be

AdamB4

AdamSC10

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Paul Wynn buggy. And ill be damned I didn't know you raced for them. I'm not to sponsorship levels I love my little T4.2, I have the Kyosho stadium truck I ran it two laps in a practice I didn't have the shocks right rolled it broke a part and benched it. No one here carries Kyosho parts. I went back to my T4.2 then I bought the T5 and I have the Tekno ET410 BNIB with carbon fiber upgrades waiting for electronics.

You may know one of the guys I raced with he won a stadium truck championship Alan/Allen White he worked at the local hobby shop until it closed he was sponsored by Losi when his contract was up he stepped down and raced Associated cars. I asked him why he dropped his sponsorship he told me their requirements I didn't blame him.

We raced together at New Reds hobbies in Ocala I like the indoor track versus outdoor the downtime to clean 2 lbs of clay from every nook and cranny was tedious plus it stains.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Picked this up for my little girl

View attachment 224654

I have been looking this and looking to get a small indoor crawler we are in our rainy season I tried to wash the Wild Cat Saturday got rained out then it drizzled the rest of the day. All my current R/C are too fast and big for indoor shenanigans.

How is it?

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I have been looking this and looking to get a small indoor crawler we are in our rainy season I tried to wash the Wild Cat Saturday got rained out then it drizzled the rest of the day. All my current R/C are too fast and big for indoor shenanigans.

How is it?
It's fast. Too fast for playing around in the house. Pick up SCX24 if you want a fun little crawler. I keep mine in the truck and play with it all the time. Batteries last forever.

I forgot about Paul Wynn, he was pretty fast.

Last edited:
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Yal ever get to race with ryan mayfield ? he was factory driver for associated one of the fastest ive seen

I haven't Adam may have one of two big names that I know of that has come down to my local track is someone I watched race as a kid they were teenage themselves is Brian Kinwald aka The Dirtinator. He has Kinwald edition buggies, tires named after him the BK Bars and i'm sure other products. I came across a video of Dirt he was racing his vintage buggy with brushed motor and nimh or nicad batteries and spanked a person running brushless and IIRC he had a LIPO battery as well it's all about the driver and setup.

The other is Adam Drake great racer he attends nitro psycho blast in Georgia as well.

Another real good driver lessor know from St. Petersburg Florida is Ryan Harris he has videos on youtube he raced as a kid with his dad. He is one of the down to earth youtubers I was at the JConcepts cup with him. It was surreal to see him in the pits.

When your on Mayfield, Drake, Phend etc's level you eat sleep and breath R/C some of them run more classes than I could ever keep up with but they also get paid quite hefty and don't have to come out of pocket for equipment.

Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I haven't Adam may have one of two big names that I know of that has come down to my local track is someone I watched race as a kid they were teenage themselves is Brian Kinwald aka The Dirtinator. He has Kinwald edition buggies, tires named after him the BK Bars and i'm sure other products. I came across a video of Dirt he was racing his vintage buggy with brushed motor and nimh or nicad batteries and spanked a person running brushless and IIRC he had a LIPO battery as well it's all about the driver and setup.

The other is Adam Drake great racer he attends nitro psycho blast in Georgia as well.

Another real good driver lessor know from St. Petersburg Florida is Ryan Harris he has videos on youtube he raced as a kid with his dad. He is one of the down to earth youtubers I was at the JConcepts cup with him. It was surreal to see him in the pits.

When your on Mayfield, Drake, Phend etc's level you eat sleep and breath R/C some of them run more classes than I could ever keep up with but they also get paid quite hefty and don't have to come out of pocket for equipment.

Ya true many people never would guess how competitive rc racing is i raced for 6yrs we raced at the manufacturer’s shootout in cullman Alabama a few times that’s as far east as i ever went thats also wer i met a few of them guys and learned alot from them as well i quit racing in 2013 loved ever minute of it but as my kids got older had to back out of it
if we were not racing wer wer practicing our local track here now is not running anymore kinda sad cause i might would race on a local level

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Ya true many people never would guess how competitive rc racing is i raced for 6yrs we raced at the manufacturer’s shootout in cullman Alabama a few times that’s as far east as i ever went thats also wer i met a few of them guys and learned alot from them as well i quit racing in 2013 loved ever minute of it but as my kids got older had to back out of it
if we were not racing wer wer practicing our local track here now is not running anymore kinda sad cause i might would race on a local level

Its surprising to find out other forum members race or raced at one point. I'm debating on unloading my stuff I had fun but the track is an hour each way to run indoor and 45 minutes for an outdoor one. Between work and the sxs's my spare time consists of wrenching or riding right now the Honda just popped the maintenance light. The Arctic cat needs its valves adjusted i love the wildcat but damn did A/C not put much thought into maintenance you have to pull the shock to replace the belt, to change the plugs or adjust the valves you have to take the bed off. Its wicked fast plush ride but the maintenance sucks.

If I unload my r/c's ill keep the revo and take the money and buy the Traxxas Summit I sold my white one like an idiot. I had a blast in the snow with it, 4wd locker I don't recall getting stuck we had 10in of snow on Chincoteague Island.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Interesting names. lmao
And google maps confirms there is a creek nearby...
View attachment 224835

I thought the same thing who named it assateague and assawoman. I couldn't pronounce Chincoteague properly the locals poked at me during NEO. I lived on Chincoteague and worked on Wallops at the NASA base. if you look at that area on a map its all confusing how the state lines run they have named it Delmarva its where Delaware, Maryland and Virginia converge. It looks like Assawoman is in Delaware.

Assawoman Bay state wildlife area.

Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes it takes alot of time to be good at driving rc’s on a level we wer all at at one time i just dont have that time anymore as u said wrenching on sxs or 4 wheeler is my past time or wrkin the greenhouse is a time sucker but what good times i had and alot learned really that i just cant describe but keep these pics a coming i like this thread will be a watcher no matter if rock crawling or racing im a fan 😂

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!