PXL 20200920 225440372

Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I remember wen I first started racing rc’s the had a monster truck class and i had a tmaxx 2.5 r engine had single speed transmission in it man that thing was a blast
revo’s wer good to

But thats wen truggys came out i ran kyosho mostly last three yrs was in a mugen mbx always ran gas powered
I never did get into electric

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Finally got to drive the XMaxx. It's absolutely ridiculous that something this big will go this fast. I've got about 6 packs through it now and I've got to say I'm pretty impressed. Traxxas bashers have never been very impressive to me out of the box and I was always a hardcore racer so never spent much time with them other than the Revo's that would race every now and then. Used to race with damn near all the Traxxas factory guys and they would rebuild the entire truck between 5 minute qualifiers. Buddy of mine is supposed to give me an old GoPro to mount on the truck so that should be fun.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Finally got to drive the XMaxx. It's absolutely ridiculous that something this big will go this fast. I've got about 6 packs through it now and I've got to say I'm pretty impressed. Traxxas bashers have never been very impressive to me out of the box and I was always a hardcore racer so never spent much time with them other than the Revo's that would race every now and then. Used to race with damn near all the Traxxas factory guys and they would rebuild the entire truck between 5 minute qualifiers. Buddy of mine is supposed to give me an old GoPro to mount on the truck so that should be fun.
I got interested in RC planes for a little while, at a meet and a guy shows up with a 12 foot wing span, 125cc plane and he does all this tail dragging and stuff, it hit me, so I asked him if he would mind me throwing a saddle on his plane and flying me somewhere, I got threw outa the wannabes real quick, funny thing is, a lot of members were standing around listening to what I said, the club folded pretty quick, guess they wanted to go some place also? HA!

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand

The Xmaxx is ridiculous the big boy used to be the Revo 3.3. I'm about to pull the trigger on a scx24 to take on vacation to the mountains we have a cabin on a creek for a week. How water proof is it?

I have a 1/5th scale that thing scares me its fast, heavy and will spin the tires on pavement.

I'm into the small models these little guys are a lot more capable than they used to be. I'm waiting on the Latrax Teton to come back in stock. If you want a good all around smaller very capable r/c the 1/16th Revo VXL is hard to beat I put on sand thrower paddles and blasted it up and down the beach on 3s lipo. The paddles on grass made this wicked humming sound. it's fast, stable and not uncontrollable. I've ran it on race tracks indoor and outdoor on my practice days waiting on my batteries to charge to kill time it handled the jumps.

I like the deadbolt body on the SCX24, I have plans for fiber optic lights and other led's I found last night. I want to make the light bar on top functional.

Adam check this out on alixpress it's hard to get much more scale than this and the price is reasonable the engine is $320 alone.

Gas powered crawler

And for those with deep pockets a military 8x8 gas powered.

Gas powered 8x8

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I bought one I decided to pull the trigger on the red deadbolt scx24, I also have a 1/24th scale 4x4x4 HBX Devastator coming from banggood. The rear steer sold me on the Devastator.

I have rims and tires from RC4WD for both models at the house.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have a couple of Tetons and a Prerunner in the Latrax stuff.

To round out the list in addition to what I’ve previously posted...I have the Blue G Wagon TRX4 (it was in a picture earlier in the thread with our Deadbolt). We also have a 2WD Rustler VXL, 2WD Slash (brushed). My son is asking for a TRX4 Sport or Traxx for Christmas.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
We have a couple of Tetons and a Prerunner in the Latrax stuff.

To round out the list in addition to what I’ve previously posted...I have the Blue G Wagon TRX4 (it was in a picture earlier in the thread with our Deadbolt). We also have a 2WD Rustler VXL, 2WD Slash (brushed). My son is asking for a TRX4 Sport or Traxx for Christmas.

The traxx model is nice, I have been eyeballing the TRX6 but damn that price tag.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve bought 95% of my RC stuff at one of three local-ish hobby shops. Traxxas site directly. Amazon. AMain. eBay. RC4WD. When I feel I’ve needed to because I couldn’t find it local.

The Maxx to save a little money or the XMaxx if you want it big and/or don’t mind the price.

Personally the XMaxx is too big for me. I’d by the Maxx and save the difference.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
My Xmaxx has been impressive. It's a giant unwieldy beast, but man does it bring smiles to everybody's faces. The Maxx looks like it would be fun too. I might pick one of those up sooner or later.

Killer223

Killer223

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2019
i started in it with a frogg, then the rc10 gold pan, have 4 of those. then rc10-t, 10-t GT, sc-10, a few losi's, and some others i can't remember. sure makes me feel old. i raced with Mcallister he lived around the corner from me. his pan car was the best on the market. raced all over CA with thunder drom, ranch pit stop, others i can't remember now. got rid of most my trophies. got out of RC and into racing dirtbikes.
i might have to dig them out and see if anyone them still work.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I have a Maxx with the wide axle kit coming my way.

Just a word of caution I bought a wide axle kit from Kershaw Designs for my Summit the wide axle kit caused me to break the rubber boot on axles and pop apart. Unfortunately anyone familiar with KD the owner Dan has passed on.

My next Summit is going to stay bone stock.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!