Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
T
Well, I had enough of waiting!View attachment 255444
This 8 inches of powder is hard to stay on top of, that's why I backed up a little, to get a little run outa the ruts. What do you guys know about Legendary RC, Legend Rock Bouncers, there site isn't much and seems there cars might be too affordable?

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
T

This 8 inches of powder is hard to stay on top of, that's why I backed up a little, to get a little run outa the ruts. What do you guys know about Legendary RC, Legend Rock Bouncers, there site isn't much and seems there cars might be too affordable?
Never heard of it. I'd stick to name brand stuff if you are buying another R/C....

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
T
Well, I had enough of waiting!View attachment 255444

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Never heard of it. I'd stick to name brand stuf

I'm going to build my next, and will defiantly check for parts availability before choosing the platform. My ECX Temper is still down, waiting on axels and skid plate. The Night Crawler is running a 55Turn motor, stock is a 35Turn and it hasn't shipped as well? Stock motor went up in smoke! Horizon?

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I'm going to build my next, and will defiantly check for parts availability before choosing the platform. My ECX Temper is still down, waiting on axels and skid plate. The Night Crawler is running a 55Turn motor, stock is a 35Turn and it hasn't shipped as well? Stock motor went up in smoke! Horizon?
It's "cheap" RTR stuff. Pretty common for the electronics to be just barely enough to run the vehicle as it comes out of the box since the electronics are typically the priciest part of the vehicle. It is probably back-ordered because it's a common item to go out. Start adding weight, better batteries, different tires, etc and it's a slippery slope of upgrading/repairing things.

Depending on what you plan to build, I'd stick with the tried and true names that have been around forever. If you have a hobby shop close by, check out what they stock and go from there.

* Team Associated (Element R/C)
* Team Losi
* Axial
* Traxxas

If you are planning on building a comp rig (like that RC4wd Bully) there aren't many kits for something like that. Those are pretty custom and use a lot of one off parts or pieces and parts from multiple vehicles. I'd recommend going with a more "standard" 1/10 scale crawler before going down that road.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I'm really surprised that Losi hasn't come out with a channel rail scale trail truck. I guess they don't want to s*** on Axial since Horizon owns them now. Maybe it's why the others don't build rail style crawlers like the Losi. Probably all in cahoots

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It's "cheap" RTR stuff. Pretty common for the electronics to be just barely enough to run the vehicle as it comes out of the box since the electronics are typically the priciest part of the vehicle. It is probably back-ordered because it's a common item to go out. Start adding weight, better batteries, different tires, etc and it's a slippery slope of upgrading/repairing things.

Depending on what you plan to build, I'd stick with the tried and true names that have been around forever. If you have a hobby shop close by, check out what they stock and go from there.

* Team Associated (Element R/C)
* Team Losi
* Axial
* Traxxas

If you are planning on building a comp rig (like that RC4wd Bully) there aren't many kits for something like that. Those are pretty custom and use a lot of one off parts or pieces and parts from multiple vehicles. I'd recommend going with a more "standard" 1/10 scale crawler before going down that road.
I'll start looking into it, Ha, I've been doing that already. I see a lot of builds off the Element platform that turn out great and been watching a ton of crawler competitions and reviews. The smoothest motor & ESC combo that I have seen was on a Vanquish 1/10 RTR, but Lord it's heavy. I want a very smooth powerful Rock Crawler. I've watched a ton of competitions and very few have smooth motor control, most have herky-jerky throttle control & steering servos. I'll continue my research. Thanks!

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I'll start looking into it, Ha, I've been doing that already. I see a lot of builds off the Element platform that turn out great and been watching a ton of crawler competitions and reviews. The smoothest motor & ESC combo that I have seen was on a Vanquish 1/10 RTR, but Lord it's heavy. I want a very smooth powerful Rock Crawler. I've watched a ton of competitions and very few have smooth motor control, most have herky-jerky throttle control & steering servos. I'll continue my research. Thanks!
That herky jerky throttle control is more than likely the person driving the vehicle. Vanquish doesn't sell an RTR vehicle, so not sure what you saw there. They only sell kits and they are $750+ with no electronics. Very nice vehicles though. Not sure what you mean by the servos looking funky? It's extremely hard to judge an R/C crawler based off videos. It's a little easier to watch a video and see how a race vehicle handles a track (especially if you know the track) versus a rock crawler someone is running on the trail in their backyard.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That's a pretty bad design on that skid. That little ball stud is putting a lot of strain on that unsupported corner. I'd just epoxy it back if you can't get another one for a while. Epoxy it back in place and then epoxy a brace that goes under that whole thing. That motor probably gets hot and then weakened the plastic. Just use a piece of plastic or scrap aluminum if you've got it lying around and drill holes so you can still get the transmission screws out if need be.

View attachment 252388
Finally found a use for the stock P1 skid !

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tonight’s track layout. Quite a bit different than before. Not enough peeps showed up to race so it basically turned into a practice session. I had fun and got a lot of track time in. I got down to the 15’s from mid and low 20’s starting point. I basically ran out of battery packs even though I always had one charging. Lol. I’ve still gotta get more consistent stretching my 5 laps before a crash out to 10 (and further to win long term). I also need to see traffic/wrecks in front of me better. I’m never going pro but I can improve to compete here at the local track with more practice.

View attachment 255693 View attachment 255694
Cross posting here

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Compatible list, Severo ANNIMOS 25KG
Motor/ECS Servo Quick Fussion 1800KV 540 spec
Radio Ezrun Max-v3

For my Losi Night Crawler?
I think you listed an ESC for the radio. I have never heard of an EZrun radio, only Hobbywing Max ESC's. Check out the Flysky FS-GT5 if you're looking at budget transmitters. It's only a case of beer more than the cheaper 3 channel ones and will handle 6 channels (you can add extra lights, rear steering, etc to the extra channels down the road). Receivers are only $20 too if you add them to other vehicles.

Radio (transmitter)

Motor/ESC

Servo (comes with 2 25T servo horns)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That herky jerky throttle control is more than likely the person driving the vehicle. Vanquish doesn't sell an RTR vehicle, so not sure what you saw there. They only sell kits and they are $750+ with no electronics. Very nice vehicles though. Not sure what you mean by the servos looking funky? It's extremely hard to judge an R/C crawler based off videos. It's a little easier to watch a video and see how a race vehicle handles a track (especially if you know the track) versus a rock crawler someone is running on the trail in their backyard.
Looked for my statement, funky looking servos, didn't find it but ow well. My RTR radios are hard to control, very jerky. Are the higher end radios easier to control? I'm sure. I have watched a ton of competition films and most are herky-jerky throttle adjustments by the operator, that's what I want to get away from, radio/ESC?

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
You can get away with a much cheaper ESC/motor if you want to stay brushed. If you want to go brushless, that Hobbywing setup is really nice and simple to setup.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Looked for my statement, funky looking servos, didn't find it but ow well. My RTR radios are hard to control, very jerky. Are the higher end radios easier to control? I'm sure. I have watched a ton of competition films and most are herky-jerky throttle adjustments by the operator, that's what I want to get away from, radio/ESC?
Not sure what you mean, but the higher end radios typically are more precise. You also have dual rate and exponential settings that you can set to smooth out throttle response or steering.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I think you listed an ESC for the radio. I have never heard of an EZrun radio, only Hobbywing Max ESC's. Check out the Flysky FS-GT5 if you're looking at budget transmitters. It's only a case of beer more than the cheaper 3 channel ones and will handle 6 channels (you can add extra lights, rear steering, etc to the extra channels down the road). Receivers are only $20 too if you add them to other vehicles.

Radio (transmitter)

Motor/ESC

Servo (comes with 2 25T servo horns)

Sorry, I should have explained where I got the info from. It came from some of your previous posts, the Motor/ECS and Sevro. Was just looking for a conformation on those. The radio is where I need help, I need a very smooth radio, full power with retarded trigger movement? THANKS for putting up with me! What did you think about the Vanquish control?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I need all theNot sure what you mean, but the higher end radios typically are more precise. You also have dual rate and exponential settings that you can set to smooth out throttle response or steering.
Eureka, that's what I'm looking for! The Pro Crawler competitions I have watched, the Podium finishers had very smooth cars. I need all the help I can get! HA!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This is what I was referring to from your original post sir Smitty
HA! I'm slow, I need a good radio for crawling, slow, full power. HA! I really like the Losi 1/10 scale Night Crawler platform, think I'll up grade the electronics soon before the TO. Very interested in your Element, I would love to pilot it at the TO.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Sorry, I should have explained where I got the info from. It came from some of your previous posts, the Motor/ECS and Sevro. Was just looking for a conformation on those. The radio is where I need help, I need a very smooth radio, full power with retarded trigger movement? THANKS for putting up with me! What did you think about the Vanquish control?
No clue what a Vanquish control is, lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!