SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I missed our snow storm traveling last week. My UDR is down. Burned up another ring gear. The plastic rear housing flexes and lets the gears have slop. I got an aluminum one. That about rounds out the suspension.

66144D6E ADE3 4A4A 93D9 3F61A7A50FA7 A80AE18E F5C9 461C ACE4 15DBA213D823 962DEC4D 735A 4120 921B BD7E4A917A20

CMB

CMB

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
N

NewHere2

Village Idiot In Training
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Found some old racing pics of my son racing R/C cars & trucks. I apologize for the quality of the photos, I took pics with my phone of old polaroid & 35 mm photos.

He was very good. We primarily raced for money. Most all the folks he competed against were adults, spending lots of money on their R/C vehicles. As a teenager, he made his money racing in the summer. Did very well. Normally we ran an Associated RC10 buggy and truck. Made our own chassis out of carbon fiber. Factories didn't offer them back in the 80's & early 90's. His longest win streak was 76 A Main events in 9 different states. Then he was T-boned while lapping the field and had to start counting all over again. Typically he would break any track record, be top qualifier, and go on to win the A Main of most events he entered. At one point, he was the State Champion for 4 different states all at the same time.
IMG 3776

IMG 3774

IMG 3777

Mountain States Nationals he won all four classes he entered and was top qualifier in 3 of them. Was a big surprise and wakeup call for all the Factory Sponsored California Teams! (above and below)

IMG 3778

IMG 3772

One of my favorites, North Dakota State Champion Truck & Buggy Classes. He won all four classes that day.

Pretty Damn Good for a "KID" from South Dakota. If I can find the magazine, the biggest R/C Magazine at that time, did a center fold article with pics of the clone of "Sammy Swindle's" black TMC Sprint car my son raced down in Iowa. Lapped the entire field. All the 15 other A Main drivers were factory sponsored except my son.

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Found some old racing pics of my son racing R/C cars & trucks. I apologize for the quality of the photos, I took pics with my phone of old polaroid & 35 mm photos.

He was very good. We primarily raced for money. Most all the folks he competed against were adults, spending lots of money on their R/C vehicles. As a teenager, he made his money racing in the summer. Did very well. Normally we ran an Associated RC10 buggy and truck. Made our own chassis out of carbon fiber. Factories didn't offer them back in the 80's & early 90's. His longest win streak was 76 A Main events in 9 different states. Then he was T-boned while lapping the field and had to start counting all over again. Typically he would break any track record, be top qualifier, and go on to win the A Main of most events he entered. At one point, he was the State Champion for 4 different states all at the same time.View attachment 256637

View attachment 256638

View attachment 256639

Mountain States Nationals he won all four classes he entered and was top qualifier in 3 of them. Was a big surprise and wakeup call for all the Factory Sponsored California Teams! (above and below)

View attachment 256641

View attachment 256642

One of my favorites, North Dakota State Champion Truck & Buggy Classes all four classes that day.

Pretty Damn Good for a "KID" from South Dakota. If I can find the magazine, the biggest R/C Magazine at that time, did a center fold article with pics of The "Sammy Swindle" black Sprint car he raced down in Iowa. Lapped the entire field. All the 15 other A Main drivers were factory sponsored except my son.
Great story! Where's he at now, I need some pointers! HA!

N

NewHere2

Village Idiot In Training
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Great story! Where's he at now, I need some pointers! HA!

He's in Heaven, wait'n on me. Lost him in a motor vehicle accident the end of October last fall. No offense taken for asking.

For the last 35 years, I've been helping elk hunters here in our state of South Dakota. Normally help 4-7 archery hunters and 2-4 rifle hunters every season. I prefer the archery hunting, that's my favorite. Last fall I helped 3 archers take bulls and one take a cow.

A good friend of my son's drew a rifle tag. My son came out to help us with the hunt. After 4 days my son had to get back to work 400 miles east. A bad storm was moving in, and he wanted to make sure his crews were prepared for snow removal. He supervised 32 men.

The storm hit us out in the hills early in the morning. About noon, I get a call from the Hospital Emergency Room. My wife fell back home, 400 miles away. She broke both bones in her right leg and dislocated the ankle. s***, It was snowing and freezing ice where I was elk hunting. I told the hunter I had to leave and get back home. I knew if I didn't get out of there right away, I would be snowed in for a few days. I left the hunter and headed east. Didn't take time to go back to the cabin. Left it open with the lights and heat on. It took me 12 hours to make the normal 5 hour drive, due to the ice and snow. Got home around 4 AM.

Around 10 that morning I called our son, told him Mom had fallen and got hurt. He was shocked I was home. Said he would pick up some fast food and bring it over for lunch. He brought the food and sat around visiting with us like he always did. Mainly talked about getting back to the hills after the storm to help is buddy get an elk. Also said he was having transfer case problems with his suburban. He had bought a refurbished case and was going to install it that night after work. Got a text from him later that night, saying he pulled the old transfer case out, went to install the new one, and realized he forgot to get new gaskets and grease. So he was going to put the old one in, just to get home. On his way home, something mechanical broke, locked the rear wheels up and thru the suburban into the ditch off a steep bank. The suburban rolled and he was killed.

Woops! didn't mean to go off on a tangent like that. I have to admit, it's been real hard understanding all of last year. I've been encouraged by all you folks of the NTC. The shenanigans, humor, and camaraderie have helped me relax and unwind. Crap, missed my point, I used to wrench on those cars for my son. Still got lots of knowledge packed away.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
He's in Heaven, wait'n on me. Lost him in a motor vehicle accident the end of October last fall. No offense taken for asking.

For the last 35 years, I've been helping elk hunters here in our state of South Dakota. Normally help 4-7 archery hunters and 2-4 rifle hunters every season. I prefer the archery hunting, that's my favorite. Last fall I helped 3 archers take bulls and one take a cow.

A good friend of my son's drew a rifle tag. My son came out to help us with the hunt. After 4 days my son had to get back to work 400 miles east. A bad storm was moving in, and he wanted to make sure his crews were prepared for snow removal. He supervised 32 men.

The storm hit us out in the hills early in the morning. About noon, I get a call from the Hospital Emergency Room. My wife fell back home, 400 miles away. She broke both bones in her right leg and dislocated the ankle. s***, It was snowing and freezing ice where I was elk hunting. I told the hunter I had to leave and get back home. I knew if I didn't get out of there right away, I would be snowed in for a few days. I left the hunter and headed east. Didn't take time to go back to the cabin. Left it open with the lights and heat on. It took me 12 hours to make the normal 5 hour drive, due to the ice and snow. Got home around 4 AM.

Around 10 that morning I called our son, told him Mom had fallen and got hurt. He was shocked I was home. Said he would pick up some fast food and bring it over for lunch. He brought the food and sat around visiting with us like he always did. Mainly talked about getting back to the hills after the storm to help is buddy get an elk. Also said he was having transfer case problems with his suburban. He had bought a refurbished case and was going to install it that night after work. Got a text from him later that night, saying he pulled the old transfer case out, went to install the new one, and realized he forgot to get new gaskets and grease. So he was going to put the old one in, just to get home. On his way home, something mechanical broke, locked the rear wheels up and thru the suburban into the ditch off a steep bank. The suburban rolled and he was killed.

Woops! didn't mean to go off on a tangent like that. I have to admit, it's been real hard understanding all of last year. I've been encouraged by all you folks of the NTC. The shenanigans, humor, and camaraderie have helped me relax and unwind. Crap, missed my point, I used to wrench on those cars for my son. Still got lots of knowledge packed away.
Dad gum I have the uncanny ability to stick my foot in my mouth, I had no idea about your Son, I think I can say this for all of us, we feel your pain.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

So sorry about your son and your wife's injury. Glad you found us and hoping we can provide ample shenanigans to lighten your days.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

He was very good. We primarily raced for money. Most all the folks he competed against were adults, spending lots of money on their R/C vehicles. As a teenager, he made his money racing in the summer. Did very well. Normally we ran an Associated RC10 buggy and truck. Made our own chassis out of carbon fiber. Factories didn't offer them back in the 80's & early 90's. His longest win streak was 76 A Main events in 9 different states. Then he was T-boned while lapping the field and had to start counting all over again. Typically he would break any track record, be top qualifier, and go on to win the A Main of most events he entered. At one point, he was the State Champion for 4 different states all at the same time.View attachment 256637

View attachment 256638

View attachment 256639

View attachment 256641

View attachment 256642

One of my favorites, North Dakota State Champion Truck & Buggy Classes all four classes that day.

Pretty Damn Good for a "KID" from South Dakota. If I can find the magazine, the biggest R/C Magazine at that time, did a center fold article with pics of The "Sammy Swindle" black Sprint car he raced down in Iowa. Lapped the entire field. All the 15 other A Main drivers were factory sponsored except my son.
Hooter girls had smaller boobs back then?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!