SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
The last pieces of the drivetrain that haven’t been upgraded went today. Pinon is gone and chunked the spur, My hobby place had a MIP rear driveshaft and I’m going to a 31 pinion with a 51 spur from the stock 27 since it broke. It’s going to rip.
View attachment 259215

I was putting everything back together and found that the shaft on the motor was bent in the carnage. Ordered a castle replacement 2200kv motor, hope it’s fast. I only run this truck on 6S so maybe that’s why it tears up the drivetrain. And I beat the s*** out of it. I bought this thing to have something to tinker on in the winter and take camping for fun around the camp site. It’s a money pit and so tricked out now I’m going to need a chase truck for it to haul parts. I need to hurry up and get it bulletproofed as it’s time to start using the Talon more than a few hours once a weekend.
this weeks order - another f***ing money pit...
Castle 2200kv motor
AGV 500 oz servo
New method wheels- plastic as the aluminum ones are too heavy
Proline Hyrex tires
Hot racing aluminum front drive shaft - starting to bend the Traxxas upgraded steel dog bone one
Motor fan and heat sink
1967 Ford F100 body - black. It comes with the heatwave livery. Thinking about doing the orange Fox livery on the black body - thoughts guys?
Hot Racing aluminum bell crank and servo saver
Vitavon steering links
Can’t find the hot racing servo horn and steering link- any help is appreciated.
aluminum front skid plate
New bumpers- they should sell these in bulk

I keep telling myself that’s it. No more. Dammit. Love this thing, the good news is I’m about out of stuff to replace. I have my eye on the old school bronco or K5 Trx now. Lift kit and bead locks with some boggers maybe...

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was putting everything back together and found that the shaft on the motor was bent in the carnage. Ordered a castle replacement 2200kv motor, hope it’s fast. I only run this truck on 6S so maybe that’s why it tears up the drivetrain. And I beat the s*** out of it. I bought this thing to have something to tinker on in the winter and take camping for fun around the camp site. It’s a money pit and so tricked out now I’m going to need a chase truck for it to haul parts. I need to hurry up and get it bulletproofed as it’s time to start using the Talon more than a few hours once a weekend.
this weeks order - another f***ing money pit...
Castle 2200kv motor
AGV 500 oz servo
New method wheels- plastic as the aluminum ones are too heavy
Proline Hyrex tires
Hot racing aluminum front drive shaft - starting to bend the Traxxas upgraded steel dog bone one
Motor fan and heat sink
1967 Ford F100 body - black. It comes with the heatwave livery. Thinking about doing the orange Fox livery on the black body - thoughts guys?
Hot Racing aluminum bell crank and servo saver
Vitavon steering links
Can’t find the hot racing servo horn and steering link- any help is appreciated.
aluminum front skid plate
New bumpers- they should sell these in bulk

I keep telling myself that’s it. No more. Dammit. Love this thing, the good news is I’m about out of stuff to replace. I have my eye on the old school bronco or K5 Trx now. Lift kit and bead locks with some boggers maybe...
Orange Fox sticker kit on the '67 F100 Black body would probably end up looking pretty awesome.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Got busted Saturday after crawling, wife asked me, you get another RS truck. Me yes, it was a cheap-o and used, well it was used, two days of usage. I didn't exactly lie. I really like the little sc24, Needs some brass bad. It's a challenge to crawl with, I love it! Thinking front brass knuckles and rear wheel weights? Front bumper sicks out way to far, first impressions, so far.
I had over 100 grams of brass on Betty.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well almost got the Losi going, bad drive line design, it's rebuilt! Need pin for the hex adaptor on the wheel, got bored and had to do some office crawling!
IMG 5062
IMG 5063
IMG 5064
IMG 5065

IMG 5060

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
A couple of the brass weighted items.
A pair of these.

Last edited:
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had some aluminum on it too!

Last edited:
SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I had some aluminum on it too!
I love the Hot Racing stuff.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!