Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Have you done any crawling in 66 degree weather in a while? I did. I really like the Gatekeeper, even with crap tires.
IMG 5528
IMG 5528
IMG 5527
IMG 5527

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Got steel bead locks, and JCT concept tires coming, mid month.We will see the improvement pretty quickly , we will se if @Adam490 is full of poop.HA!
You'll like those tires. Mounting the tires on the beadlocks is usually a multiple beer job and involves lots of cussing.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
What do you think about it?
What do you think about it?
Right at the moment I’m not to happy.. channel 2 went out in the first 1000 feet….. Me and my 8 year old son put our stickers on and chased the dog a little the first night. The next day I took to work and showed a couple guys and it just took off on its own and wouldn’t stop. After that it would just run when it wanted and it won’t bind with the controller. My son got off the bus yesterday and was very sad and my wife thought we broke it at work. I am sure the recieveris the issue and my friend had three that have been flawless. Going to take one of his receivers off and try it. These things happen to me a lot 🤦🏻

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Right at the moment I’m not to happy.. channel 2 went out in the first 1000 feet….. Me and my 8 year old son put our stickers on and chased the dog a little the first night. The next day I took to work and showed a couple guys and it just took off on its own and wouldn’t stop. After that it would just run when it wanted and it won’t bind with the controller. My son got off the bus yesterday and was very sad and my wife thought we broke it at work. I am sure the recieveris the issue and my friend had three that have been flawless. Going to take one of his receivers off and try it. These things happen to me a lot 🤦🏻
I had a bad transmitter do that, it just took off and got tangled up in some Honeysuckle vines, before I could get it untangled burnt up the motor, I bought a new motor, no go. The owner of the hobby shop wanted to see it, so away I went, we traced it to a bad transmitter by trying different components and he had got a shipment of transmitters/ RC trucks, cars in and warranted the transmitter in my SCX 10-Yota and my SCX 24 Jeep, I didn't have to send any thing in. On another note, my SCX10-Yota came with a sealed box for the Receiver, my builder Gatekeepers kit didn't come with a box for the receiver, I found to you need the box by accidentally leaving it out in the rain over night, it fried every thing but the motor, after I dried everything out, I thought. I'm looking for a box for the Gatekeeper. After all this crap, double sided tape👎 , Shoe Goo 👍, a lot easier to get off and I have never had anything get loose

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Probably going to trade in the SCX24 Jeep and EXC 1/18 Temper in on a builders RYFT kit. I really like the EXC 1/18, got some extra parts for both that will go with them. I feel the need for speed! Like the movie.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
New wheels and tires came today! I fought the first tire and wheel for an hour, then remembered what JB said about using longer screws, that helped, was still having issues with the bead, so I drank another beer and thought about it. I came up with the idea to use a little soap on the tire bead, worked great! I could get the screws started and center the wheel in the tire, then tighten all the screws down. So I took the two apart and redid them that I had already completed, much better. Wheels SSD 1.9 steel wheels with JC Concepts wraps. I didn't have enough daylight to try them out. You can tell there a lot better combo than my cheap-os I had. The JC's are a 1/4 inch wider and taller than the cheap o's. And very soft green dot compound. I hope the soap doesn't come back to bite me! I run bead locks on every thing I've got but the SCX24 Jeep. Killer paint job on the Gatekeeper, I love it! Nope, I didn't the paint. Here's a couple pictures.
IMG 5534
IMG 5536
IMG 5536
IMG 5540
IMG 5540
IMG 5540

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
New wheels and tires came today! I fought the first tire and wheel for an hour, then remembered what JB said about using longer screws, that helped, was still having issues with the bead, so I drank another beer and thought about it. I came up with the idea to use a little soap on the tire bead, worked great! I could get the screws started and center the wheel in the tire, then tighten all the screws down. So I took the two apart and redid them that I had already completed, much better. Wheels SSD 1.9 steel wheels with JC Concepts wraps. I didn't have enough daylight to try them out. You can tell there a lot better combo than my cheap-os I had. The JC's are a 1/4 inch wider and taller than the cheap o's. And very soft green dot compound. I hope the soap doesn't come back to bite me! I run bead locks on every thing I've got but the SCX24 Jeep. Killer paint job on the Gatekeeper, I love it! Nope, I didn't the paint. Here's a couple pictures.View attachment 294940View attachment 294941View attachment 294941View attachment 294942View attachment 294942View attachment 294942
Evaluation of the JC Concepts tires and SSD 1'9 Steel Wheels, bead locks, the rims are junk, the tires are good, but nothing to write home about. I think the Axel Rip Saws may be a better tire for climbing sheer vertical rock ledges, I've got them on the Yota and Night Crawler, they work great. but I haven't broke in the foam on the JC's, we will see? The lugs are deeper on the Rip Saws? May just need to run the JC's and soften them up?

Last edited:
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Evaluation of the JC Concepts tires and SSD 1'9 Steel Wheels, bead locks, the rims are junk, the tires are good, but nothing to write home about. I think the Axel Rip Saws may be a better tire for climbing sheer vertical rock ledges, I've got them on the Yota and Night Crawler, they work great. but I haven't broke in the foam on the JC's, we will see? The lugs are deeper on the Rip Saws? May just need to run the JC's and soften them up?
Did you vent the tires? The JC green compound is way better than any of the out of the box tires.

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
What do you guys think about the Losi Lazernut?
I have the Lazernutsack. Cool car, I wanted it so bad but it’s a POS. It’s got all 1/10 parts with 1/5 tires. Too fragile. Always broken. Wants to go fast, not good at crawling. I’d stay away from it. Been through multiple diffs and gear sets. Or don’t run it on 4S. But why wouldn’t you if it’s capable of it.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!