HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I was looking for a decent bag to carry the crawler around that was also a backpack. Primarily so I could put the kids truck in there when we go out to run them because she gets bored of driving after 15-20 minutes and just wants to chase mine around. I stumbled across this one at Wal-Mart on the way home from dinner earlier. It's perfect! It's got a big enough main compartment to hold the crawler with the tires on and it was only $32. It has a pocket for a Camelbak bladder as well. I picked up both that they had in stock. Plenty of room to hold extra gear as well.

Damn, it looks like they've got the black one on Walmart.com for $23

Black Arrowhead Backpack

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@JeremieBaker posted a statement about the drive shafts breaking on the Temper EXC, I tried to find info on this and only found info on the Gen 1 and all it's issues. Any inside info would be appreciated.
I didn’t pay attention to a new vs old version. Just saw reviews on Horizon Hobby and AMain Hobby for it.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I didn’t pay attention to a new vs old version. Just saw reviews on Horizon Hobby and AMain Hobby for it.
I don't have nice trucks, just cheap O's, but I will tell you the Losi Night Crawler 1/10 is way better out side than the Temper 1/18 EXC, the Losi is probably five times heavier and works better out side. Both need weight up front, both are a blast!

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I don't have nice trucks, just cheap O's, but I will tell you the Losi Night Crawler 1/10 is way better out side than the Temper 1/18 EXC, the Losi is probably five times heavier and works better out side. Both need weight up front, both are a blast!
Doesn't matter how much they were if you're having fun with it!

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's awesome. I will probably pick up one of those sooner or later. I had a conversion kit for my original Mini-T but it was junk. I've been waiting for a factory Mini-B for a long time.
My local hobby shop told me this weekend they were expecting a big shipment of them in today. They had sold 4 to someone right before I got there. lol

I called 20 minutes after they opened today and asked if I could put my name on two of them or if I could just pay for them over the phone and pick them up tonight. The set them aside for me, so I ran over at lunch to get them. They had a dozen of them come in. We both got our first choice of the stock colors. They had them at $129.99

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any tips from the resident expert on a simple flag design. I'm thinking I can put a few stars on the wing and make it blue, remove the stars and do white. Then tape some stripes on the main body, paint it red, remove the tape and paint it white. From what I've read/watched I need a simple dish soap wash of the body before I get started. If there is anything else I should think about or do I am all ears.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Any tips from the resident expert on a simple flag design. I'm thinking I can put a few stars on the wing and make it blue, remove the stars and do white. Then tape some stripes on the main body, paint it red, remove the tape and paint it white. From what I've read/watched I need a simple dish soap wash of the body before I get started. If there is anything else I should think about or do I am all ears.
I wouldn't waste the paint on the wing. They take a beating. I used to just scuff it with a Scotchbrite pad so it wouldn't be clear.

Yep, the way you are planning it is the way to go. Scrub the body with dish soap/warm water and a scotchbrite pad. Try not to get the windows or any other area you don't plan on painting with the Scotchbrite. This helps the paint stick. Then dry, dry it again, and then dry one more time just for the hell of it. Oh, and then dry it again :). Make sure you don't touch the insides of the body when handling it or the oil in your skin will transfer to it. Do light a few light coats versus going for the whole shabang out of the gate with those rattle cans. Build a few layers and then go to your next. Make for sure the paint is dry when you peel your tape or the edges may stick to the tape.

That's awesome, should be a lot of people running them. Spritz the tires with Simple Green and toss them in a ziploc ;). Throw them on right before you go on the track. It won't last long but you should get a few hero laps out of the first couple. Make sure you take some pictures!

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you get an extra clear body to paint? The one in the box is already painted isn’t it?
It is. The pic with the paints has the clear body there on the right in the bag still.

Yes. I bought a yellow buggy for me and a black buggy for him. They come painted and ready to run in the box. I also bought two clear buggy bodies and some paint to see if I could make something presentable. 😂🤣

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!