All Thingz UTV Tender Spring Install help

L

lifeisgoodsteve

Feb 13, 2021
Bitterroot Valley, MT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi All,

My local dealer is having issues installing the rear tender spring so wonder if there's any documentation or help you can provide that I can share with them?

Thanks,

s

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Talon X or R? It's a pretty simple project, did they say what kind of problems? If an X, does the kit add crossover rings like the Weller Racing upgrade does?

L

lifeisgoodsteve

Feb 13, 2021
Bitterroot Valley, MT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
X4

Not sure what their challenge is. They sounded a bit confused. Got in touch w All Thingz UTV so hopefully they'll get on the same page. Just came with the springs.

Reactions: CID
sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Just as @CID said tender springs are straight forward without special coil compressor one could do all 4 corners on ground in 2hrs max, I have them down to 45 min but that's with a rack and strut compressor

Reactions: Prntckt
L

lifeisgoodsteve

Feb 13, 2021
Bitterroot Valley, MT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hopefully they're on the right track now. What was the ride height you guys ended up with after install?

I've got the 32" BFG KM3's on the X4LV.

sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
honestly never measured just installed for customers avg gain i would say about inch to inch and half depending on preload i cant base off mine due to satv 3 in lift

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hopefully they're on the right track now. What was the ride height you guys ended up with after install?

I've got the 32" BFG KM3's on the X4LV.
That's kinda/sorta your choice, I chose to keep the stock geometry (13") + 1" for my 30" tires which put me at 14". You 'can' crank 'em up for an extra inch or two but I didn't want to do that. If you chose to stay stockish, add 2" for your tires.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thanks. I was targeting stock geometry also, of stock +2" w 32" tires.
The Honda website says the X4 has 12.8" ground clearance + your 2" puts you a 14.8" (duh). Set your preloads to get there. Note that mine wouldn't 'set' hitting the curb into my driveway a few times, I had to take it for a ride to do that. Get a spanner for your shock preload rings (Google), jack the buggy up to unload the springs and tighten, or loosen, as necessary.

These come as a pair, I only used the double ended one (and the R has 2-1/2" shocks so don't order these).

Link

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!