Michigan shock / spring rebuild shop recommendations?

RustyHusky

RustyHusky

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2023
Battle Creek, MI
Ownership

1. Talon X
Are there any recommended shops in lower Michigan that will do quality shock/spring rebuilds? I have a 2019 Talon X with 4400 miles on the original shocks/springs and am getting tired of getting beat to death on washboarded trails. I've considered using Shock Therapy or Weller Racing, however I'm not too keen on having to box up my shocks and pay nosebleed prices to ship them clear to Arizona. I'd rather drop them off and pick them up.

TIA

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome Fellow Michigander!

Yeah unfortunately there are not.
I did the ST springs and it made a marked difference on our trails. Eventually I will be sending the shocks out to them. I have no issues with doing that, just put insurance on them from UPS and your good.

Also, better post up some pics of your rig. This is your first post and no intro either.
These guys get mad If you dont!😉
POIDH

D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
It may be worth a call to Weller. Not completely sure how it works, but their website says for $150 they will send you boxes and prepaid freight to get your stuff to them. Sounds like return freight is included in service over $100, don't know about that part

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
To save a few bucks, if you are replacing springs, take the springs off to save some weight

FCR out of Ohio did mine, same machine - was a 7.5 /10 after they were done - so not too bad.

There is G Force down south that have great reviews as well.

Anything is better than stock - good luck.

4400 miles on stock suspension - u r an Ironman!!!!!

Squeegee

Squeegee

JTGB in training
Lifetime Member
Jun 5, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
SB RACING did my shocks, and I went with Bandit springs. Probably not the best set up but it works good for me
IMG 8548

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
SB RACING did my shocks, and I went with Bandit springs. Probably not the best set up but it works good for meView attachment 417621
Screenshot 20240207 200307 Maps
Here's a map picture for reference.

I sent mine to my shock guy in New York that used to handle my snowmobile and dirt bike shocks when I was racing. He did a great job but the shipping costs were brutal. When I need them serviced again I'll use @Squeegee guy, I driven his buggy, SBRacing did a great job on his.

Squeegee

Squeegee

JTGB in training
Lifetime Member
Jun 5, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
SB RACING did my shocks, and I went with Bandit springs. Probably not the best set up but it works good for meView attachment 417621
And a side note, a couple of my shocks ended up leaking for some reason, I believe it was the dust seals. SB racing fixed them right away no questions asked. The price was very reasonable. I’d talk with him before you order new springs as he would rather use a different brand than Bandit.

Reactions: ChadD and Backwoods
Squeegee

Squeegee

JTGB in training
Lifetime Member
Jun 5, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
View attachment 417625

I sent mine to my shock guy in New York that used to handle my snowmobile and dirt bike shocks when I was racing. He did a great job but the shipping costs were brutal. When I need them serviced again I'll use @Squeegee guy, I driven his buggy, SBRacing did a great job on his.
Thanks for clearing up, I didn’t notice the full address wasn’t there making people possibly think Ohio 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: ChadD and Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
View attachment 417625

Thanks for clearing up, I didn’t notice the full address wasn’t there making people possibly think Ohio 🤦🏻‍♂️
IMG 6585

🤣😂🤣😂🥳

H

hadleycat

Oct 15, 2020
Metamora MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Actually there is quite a few MCR suspension in Metamora, Tech Care in Clarkston, Speed Technologies in Howell. I personally use MCR for my dirt bikes and snowmobiles. My buddies use Tech Care and are happy with their services.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Doesn't anybody read any threads here??????

You guys that keep recommending ST and Weller are doing everyone a dis-service by mentioning either one of those companies. ST is great at marketing and nothing else, their shock tuning sucks!!! Weller is just as bad but has less flashy marketing.

And any of you who think sending your shocks to ST or Weller and think they performed magic on your shocks should drive a car with shocks set up by a professional. Night and day difference between tuned and parts thrown at it.....

Send me the shocks, I can put the "one size fits all" spring package on and drill bleed holes in the pistons same as ST and Weller do. 🤦‍♂️

ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Actually there is quite a few MCR suspension in Metamora, Tech Care in Clarkston, Speed Technologies in Howell. I personally use MCR for my dirt bikes and snowmobiles. My buddies use Tech Care and are happy with their services.

😎👍. I've personally never met Matt but have heard of him for years. I'm somewhat local. Work in lapeer 😉

Reactions: Squeegee

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!