Has anybody done a Schmidty Racing Shock Revalve?

Frogzilla

Frogzilla

Mar 14, 2022
Western, WA
Ownership

1. Talon R
Looking for some feedback on Schmidty Racing revalve and springs. I was thinking of using Weller, but their customer service sucks, won't return calls or e-mails. Talked to Schmidty Racing, very helpful answered all my questions, even the stupid ones. They want about $500 more than Weller, but they do rebuild shocks completely and replace oil when doing a revalve, thats some of the extra cost, plus their springs are spendy. The reviews I have seen are for canned hams and fire traps, but no Talons.
With ST and Weller out of running, and I don't want to send them back east to Double E or G Force. Not looking for anything special, just a decent ride. Mostly trail riding, maybe some rock crawling with occasional trip to the dunes.
Now I must confess to lurking, and failure to comply to rule #4, :oops: before the cops get here, I need to post pictures of my rig.:)

PXL 20220829 181444250PXL 20230327 212149553PXL 20230830 190635498PXL 20230903 044433499

prostreet66mustang

prostreet66mustang

Dec 6, 2020
Oro Valley (Tucson) Az
Ownership

1. Talon R
HI Yes I got my car back from them right after the new year. They are by far the most professional and the car is right! Bought in 2020 as a race car. First took it to Suck Therapy as they were a race sponsor. They drilled hole in the pistons never change the valving and the cost was way out of control. Plus was worse than when I brought it in. Then went to Jason Weller. He is a Yamaha guy knows nothing about Honda. Lyed to my face took my shocks apart and gave them back in a box, saying they were not rebuildable. Race friend put them together and I raced another year. Over the time bought a lot of Schmidty parts and tools. Then just last year? Took the car to them in off season. They were the first to change the valving and set it to race on. The owner has his own X4 and they know what they are doing. Took the time so I understand all the adjustment and how the cross overs work. It is at ride height. So far it is great. Will never take anything anywhere else. They are great people there and know there stuff. And if they don't will tell you that they need to check on it. By far if you are going to stay around AZ Schmidty Racing will do it right and save you money in the end.
Just my thoughts Or George at Double E Racing but he is a ways away as I am out of Tucson. Best of luck please post how you come out.

Talons

Bcavin351

Bcavin351

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2022
Baton Rouge, LA
Ownership

1. Talon R
I had double e racing just recharge and change my springs to heavier springs for the spare tire carrier. They have great customer service and can tune your shocks for whatever you need. I highly recommend them.

Reactions: SLOWPOKE693
Frogzilla

Frogzilla

Mar 14, 2022
Western, WA
Ownership

1. Talon R
Looking for some feedback on Schmidty Racing revalve and springs. I was thinking of using Weller, but their customer service sucks, won't return calls or e-mails. Talked to Schmidty Racing, very helpful answered all my questions, even the stupid ones. They want about $500 more than Weller, but they do rebuild shocks completely and replace oil when doing a revalve, thats some of the extra cost, plus their springs are spendy. The reviews I have seen are for canned hams and fire traps, but no Talons.
With ST and Weller out of running, and I don't want to send them back east to Double E or G Force. Not looking for anything special, just a decent ride. Mostly trail riding, maybe some rock crawling with occasional trip to the dunes.
Now I must confess to lurking, and failure to comply to rule #4, :oops: before the cops get here, I need to post pictures of my rig.:)

View attachment 418515View attachment 418518View attachment 418516View attachment 418517
Thanks for input on Schmidty. @prostreet66mustang I think I will bite the bullet and spend the money with Schmidty Racing. No doubt Double-E and G-Force are good, and I am sure would be happy with their work, but they are clear across the country from me. @Bcavin351 I plan on making trips to Utah and Arizona now that the wife has retired, then at least I will be in the area if I have problems with the shocks. So tomorrow I will close the deal with Schmidty Racing and start removing shocks. After all who needs the extra money.

Reactions: SLOWPOKE693 and CID
prostreet66mustang

prostreet66mustang

Dec 6, 2020
Oro Valley (Tucson) Az
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hi If you talk with Schmidty Racing you might see if they need your springs. If you remove them it will save you money on shipping them down. If you make it to Tucson I have lots of stock parts I will give you plus I am build up the motor on my girlfriends 21 live. So you could try it. Retired and always up for going for a run. Lots to run down here. I am from Snohomish. Dave

Reactions: NTCPrezJB and CID
Frogzilla

Frogzilla

Mar 14, 2022
Western, WA
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hi If you talk with Schmidty Racing you might see if they need your springs. If you remove them it will save you money on shipping them down. If you make it to Tucson I have lots of stock parts I will give you plus I am build up the motor on my girlfriends 21 live. So you could try it. Retired and always up for going for a run. Lots to run down here. I am from Snohomish. Dave
Hi. @prostreet66mustang You're from Snohomish, that made us neighbors, I live in Maltby, small world. Yea I grew up in Vegas, miss the desert, can't stand the winters and the rain up here anymore after 45 years, been looking for a place in Chino or Prescott area. Yes pulling springs and releasing nitrogen for shipping. Going with their spring kit and their valving setup, hopefully I can a decent ride that won't beat me to death. Do you ride with @CID ? been following his shots from the trail, makes me jealous.

Reactions: CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!