P500 Almost ready to ride this weekend...

B

Bigdogpc

Aug 27, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Been cogitating, planning, scheming on how to do things after reading a variety of posts here. My first concern was breaking out back window or smashing into front of truck bed.
1Pmshp7vj0 QbZz5Kcirxi5vKld4LrKwTrNPg2auUivR6kbAERwV8 N4RTmMhjNR0j4mS3WvinkDqBhcL0kw640 h427 no
That is a sandwich of 3 layers of horse stall mat, available from Tractor Supply. I had tried it in my shop and didn't care for it. I cut squares to use under my stabilizer jacks on travel trailer and had a lot left over which I have nibbled away at. This used up some odd pieces. 2.25 inches approx.
763TPhD5Z7OckHacKyuuDfSQrAoynD J OGWGXt3rLsIrH5 2zQEN uHpk2Js 6ZFgLv Tmj4Qaq22my8Lkw640 h427 no
Not pretty but I am hoping it will be functional.
OjN9QLoIqRZ2pTQcuDor5IJ3Pskb6IwlXPa cgMIffpZ2FACxB4Ti0vEvygVmGbZChjBZXqeAAOc4HCB9RMw640 h427 no
My 12 foot ramp order was cancelled so I went with 10 foot. No pucker!
00noB5PhxPKZkKAIsJS0mGRty69bfMWJ2FT7gHr42sSBg9VZwruwfgDucOZ2IxWL1zln8Jnd9B23rbyNWEow640 h427 no
Loaded.
A shot of the toy before it went on the truck...
KY4zMRJbltQE cC sSexL3PR5UrvhhAMCk1hmdLx5DDHGtuvsCqugRi fmk tLQdmmoaz 6YNOrnElpK2iQw640 h427 no
Hope to have first ride this weekend and get a better idea of HOW it rides. The Bullrings installed in the stake pockets were and easy install by the way. I ordered the two sets, one set with router bit and saw blade for cutting out the plastic inside the pockets on Dodge Ram. I thought I would throw that in just in case somebody was interested.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Outside of the 2" receiver connection, how else or is the unit secured to the truck?

B

Bigdogpc

Aug 27, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
I have been called anal before....two ratchet straps crossed going from rear of UTV to front loops. Each side at rear has a short chain with hook tied into frame opening and then attached to rear loops. I am contemplating a tow chain from front loop, around rear of UTV to front loop in bed. I have never lost anything from the bed of my truck and I don't want to start now!

Reactions: Mudder and Mudwing
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Looks good. “A ounce of prevention worth a pound of cure.” Had to hop over a ladder on my motorcycle on interstate once, would have a hard time avoiding a P500 gone loose.

Reactions: Gassygordo
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
You may be doing this, but if you get the tires locked down, an idea Car Carrier Tire Holder Basket Straps w/ Swivel Hooks & Ratchet - 4 Pack then the suspension can continue to move as you hit bumps, etc., allowing the unit to move via the suspension vs. trying to compress the suspension, but again, you may be doing this and just a thought to consider, essentially locking it down like you see automobiles on transporters..

B

Bigdogpc

Aug 27, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Looked at those tie downs but have no place to attach them on my truck and I really don't want to put in a track or D rings in the bed. Thanks for info!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!