P1000 Alright, last chance to talk me out of it

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My dealer called me this afternoon. My white P1000-5 Deluxe with Warn winch, F/R CV guards, hard top and bed liner is setup and ready for me to pick up.

I can't pick it up on Friday, too much going on at work and Saturday is so crazy there that I don't even want to try to drive my truck/trailer combo into their narrow parking lot and it is so busy you have to have an appointment to buy something. :eek:

So I am going to burn a few vacation hours and get there in the early afternoon tomorrow so I won't be so rushed to check it over and sign all the paperwork.

At this point, seat heat is the only thing that has me worried.:confused:

So here is the final chance for anyone to talk me out of this.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
My dealer called me this afternoon. My white P1000-5 Deluxe with Warn winch, F/R CV guards, hard top and bed liner is setup and ready for me to pick up.

I can't pick it up on Friday, too much going on at work and Saturday is so crazy there that I don't even want to try to drive my truck/trailer combo into their narrow parking lot and it is so busy you have to have an appointment to buy something. :eek:

So I am going to burn a few vacation hours and get there in the early afternoon tomorrow so I won't be so rushed to check it over and sign all the paperwork.

At this point, seat heat is the only thing that has me worried.:confused:

So here is the final chance for anyone to talk me out of this.
If you get it you'll have to look at it and enjoy it and get cool stuff for it. Not to mention all the good times that could be had. You'd have to put up pics and post and show what you're going to do next. Sounds like a hassle I wouldn't do it if I were you

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
If you get it you'll have to look at it and enjoy it and get cool stuff for it. Not to mention all the good times that could be had. You'd have to put up pics and post and show what you're going to do next. Sounds like a hassle I wouldn't do it if I were you

Yeah, that is kind of what I was thinking.

Reactions: CumminsPusher

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have seen @Crow_Hunter on multiple message boards, including this one and the wolverine forum, and you cannot fully appreciate the amount of analysis paralysis he has been through to come to this decision. If you haven't kept up - this is a huuuuuuuuge decision, and I say just go on 'head and do the dang thing! Gone too far to turn back now (though you realllllly haven't says the little voice of uncertainty and circumspection in the rear of your overly analytical, cost-value consuming mind). J/K, but really - buy the dang thing already!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just the posting of fun pics of your family takes forever

Reactions: Crow_Hunter
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have seen @Crow_Hunter on multiple message boards, including this one and the wolverine forum, and you cannot fully appreciate the amount of analysis paralysis he has been through to come to this decision. If you haven't kept up - this is a huuuuuuuuge decision, and I say just go on 'head and do the dang thing! Gone too far to turn back now (though you realllllly haven't says the little voice of uncertainty and circumspection in the rear of your overly analytical, cost-value consuming mind). J/K, but really - buy the dang thing already!
I've never seen anyone work harder! The sheer will blows me away. If my Hondas have done so well over the years I can't wait to see what kind of mileage his 1000 would be able to get. Crow hunter there is no way I could talk you out of a pioneer. Ido believe it's the best and any problems it has can be altered quickly. Not too many vehicles can say that

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Crow_hunter Don't do it! It is an addiction that will consume you! You will have restless nights unable to sleep because you will be thinking about riding your new white Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe! Why would you want to put yourself through this? You will be they Envy of your friends and they will resent you because you will have something that they do not have the balls to get! There....I've said my peace! So again don't do it:confused:

advertisement
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Get it! You have defenatly done your homework. Also you can take that " do not currently own" phrase off your profile and be full patch

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you don't have a windshield you should be good, I added the insulation and a blower motor made a huge difference with $40 investment. And I didn't think it was all that bad really. I think reading the forums makes it worse!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Crow_hunter Don't do it! It is an addiction that will consume you! You will have restless nights unable to sleep because you will be thinking about riding your new white Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe! Why would you want to put yourself through this? You will be they Envy of your friends and they will resent you because you will have something that they do not have the balls to get! There....I've said my peace! So again don't do it:confused:

He's right, don't do it! You get two strains of H.A.D.

Honda Addiction Disorder
Honda accessory Disease

Plus you will tell everyone that you HAD money until you got the disease.

Another thought, if you do get it, I'm not sure we can put up with the analysis paralysis on every accessory category. :-D j/k

whayden2003

whayden2003

Mar 3, 2016
Slaughter,LA
Single best decision I have ever made was to bring this beast home. I use it everyday. Freaking love it. It's a Honda. Seat heat is not a deal breaker. They all get hot. i got your setup basically but added the two piece hard coat windshield. It's hot when I have the upper on. But it has gotten better with the upper off and just the lower part still on.

Reactions: Crow_Hunter
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
He's right, don't do it! You get two strains of H.A.D.

Honda Addiction Disorder
Honda accessory Disease

Plus you will tell everyone that you HAD money until you got the disease.

Another thought, if you do get it, I'm not sure we can put up with the analysis paralysis on every accessory category. :-D j/k

That is pretty good.

I won't have much AP on the accessories, I already did that with all my other questions.:p I already have most of them attached that I want anyway. Only other thing I am going to be trying to figure out will be how to add more onboard storage space if I don't have enough room to put all the junk I used like to haul around on my Rincon.

Although I might be hemming and hawing about the need for a full under body skid plate but I need to actually get it out and ride it around a little before I make that call.:eek:

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That is pretty good.

I won't have much AP on the accessories, I already did that with all my other questions.:p I already have most of them attached that I want anyway. Only other thing I am going to be trying to figure out will be how to add more onboard storage space if I don't have enough room to put all the junk I used like to haul around on my Rincon.

Although I might be hemming and hawing about the need for a full under body skid plate but I need to actually get it out and ride it around a little before I make that call.:eek:

I did one ride without the skid plate and dented the bottom in several places. The skid plates are expensive but well worth it if you ride in rocks and stumps.

Let us know how we can assist and hopefully you teach us something new.

Good luck if you go to make the purchase. Make sure you test all the levers on the dash to make sure the cables don't need adjusting. May want to check the ROPS bolts too.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I did one ride without the skid plate and dented the bottom in several places. The skid plates are expensive but well worth it if you ride in rocks and stumps.

Let us know how we can assist and hopefully you teach us something new.

Good luck if you go to make the purchase. Make sure you test all the levers on the dash to make sure the cables don't need adjusting. May want to check the ROPS bolts too.

Not many rocks out my way, possibly some stumps but I usually go around.

Actually my salesman talked me out of the skid plates. He asked where I was from and when he found out I was local, he said that he wouldn't get full skids but he HIGHLY recommended getting CV boots. He said that is how he has his personal UTV setup.

I figured I would get it home, take it for some nice easy rides around the farm (my neighbor and I have well cleared Jeep trails on our adjoining properties for his old Jeep) and see how close I am getting to hitting anything. If I am getting uncomfortable, I will order a set of the UHMW ones. Or see if I can talk the fab shop at work into making some for me for a "project". :)

Reactions: joeymt33
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!