P1000 Drove Sh?t out of it!

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Drove over to my buddies farm the other day. Drank way to many beers and started way to early. But hey, it's 5 o'clock somewhere. Anyway, his daughter wanted to drive it, she's about 28. I said get in and we went down the road. I told her to stomp it, and she did. Then I put in sport mode and she gave it hell again. We went down the road slowing up and down and sometimes stopping and then stomping it again for a few miles. She got it up to fifty on the gravel and that was enough to satisiy her. She loved it.
Anyway, the next day I started down the road and I noticed that the machine ran faster in high gear with less RPM's. Am I dreaming???

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Drove over to my buddies farm the other day. Drank way to many beers and started way to early. But hey, it's 5 o'clock somewhere. Anyway, his daughter wanted to drive it, she's about 28. I said get in and we went down the road. I told her to stomp it, and she did. Then I put in sport mode and she gave it hell again. We went down the road slowing up and down and sometimes stopping and then stomping it again for a few miles. She got it up to fifty on the gravel and that was enough to satisiy her. She loved it.
Anyway, the next day I started down the road and I noticed that the machine ran faster in high gear with less RPM's. Am I dreaming???
It's not uncommon for it to hit 6th gear at 25mph if you're just cruising easy. It shifts according to demand and conditions.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's not uncommon for it to hit 6th gear at 25mph if you're just cruising easy. It shifts according to demand and conditions.
I understand, but I'm saying it appears to be cruising at a little higher speed and less RPM's than it had been. Like I said, maybe I'm dreaming but I drive it everyday. I use to go about 28 mph and would run about 3300 to 3400 RPM's. Now I can go about 33 mph with the same RPM's. I'm just wandering if it has anything to do with the clutch/transmission learning system. Also, I don't usually run the crap out of it. It's mostly used for cruising around and slow speed farm work. If I run it like that all the time I'd have to clean the crap out of my seat because the wife can't handle speed.

Last edited:
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I understand, but I'm saying it appears to be cruising at a little higher speed and less RPM's than it had been. Like I said, maybe I'm dreaming but I drive it everyday. I use to go about 28 mph and would run about 3300 to 3400 RPM's. Now I can go about 33 mph with the same RPM's. I'm just wandering if it has anything to do with the clutch/transmission learning system. Also, I don't usually run the crap out of it. It's mostly used for cruising around and slow speed farm work. If I run it like that all the time I'd have to clean the crap out of my seat because the wife can't handle speed.
I'd say it's related to the learning system. Mine drives a little different once in a blue depending on where it's been and who's driven it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!