Aluma Trailer Mods

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The storage box door on my Aluma UT12 does not have a stop. If the wind catches it or one is careless, it can hang down on the forward/outside of the box and this can bend the hinge mount forward. In turn, this can cause the lid to bind. A strip of wood held against the aluminum and judicious use of a hammer can straighten things out. I added a stop to prevent it from happening again.

The tie down on the lid is mounted with aluminum post screws, they're almost flush on the top. The side wall anchor point is an aluminum rivet nut mounted from the outside so it's flush. The screw is one of the many I removed from the color panels when doing the door storage mod. This retains the cable loop but also allows it to be slipped off if there's need to open the lid the whole way - though I don't see much need for that.

20220613 135335

20220613 141849

20220613 141843

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!