P500 Am I missing something

B

bskerj

May 31, 2016
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I am getting ready to install a Warn Pioneer 500 Winch. I purchased a sub harness figuring that I could use that for the winch along with 3 other accessories. My problem is that I only see 2 connections on the harness. Can someone enlighten me and tell me if I am missing something ? I installed a winch on my Foreman but I never used a sub harness before. Attached is the harness. Thanks in advance.

B

bskerj

May 31, 2016
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks Rustell and Buford....I am glad there was another..it looks like the black ended one plugs into the accessories plug in located in the cab. Can you use one of the 4 for that purpose ? I will probably head over to Amazon and order from the link you sent Rustell

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 17896 I am getting ready to install a Warn Pioneer 500 Winch. I purchased a sub harness figuring that I could use that for the winch along with 3 other accessories. My problem is that I only see 2 connections on the harness. Can someone enlighten me and tell me if I am missing something ? I installed a winch on my Foreman but I never used a sub harness before. Attached is the harness. Thanks in advance.
I ran my winch leads to the battery/power block.
Seems like a winch would be alot of draw on those small wires alone.
But I'm no electrician either.

B

bskerj

May 31, 2016
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I ran my winch leads to the battery/power block.
Seems like a winch would be alot of draw on those small wires alone.
But I'm no electrician either.
Agreed Trigger...the harness is for the switch for the winch that mounts on the dash...thanks

Reactions: Sledge and trigger
bigbore

bigbore

Jan 5, 2016
Thanks Rustell and Buford....I am glad there was another..it looks like the black ended one plugs into the accessories plug in located in the cab. Can you use one of the 4 for that purpose ? I will probably head over to Amazon and order from the link you sent Rustell

FWIW:

P500 - Obsessive winch install.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!