P1000 Am I wrong to not have a dual battery set up?

N

NickInAz

Oct 22, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok. First the info:
2021 1000-5
Electric accessories:
Honda switch plate with volt meter (came with additional fuse box for OEM accessories)
Honda windshield wiper
Honda SxS Club dual back up lights with factory plug
Honda SxS Club work light switch (uses same factory plug as the back up lights)
Honda SxS Club key on power harness (cigarette lighter plug)
Honda SxS Club small light bar that plugs into the factory harness for use with high beams
TurnPro sequential turn signal kit.

Here is the question. Do I need to run a second battery? All of the accessories are basically short use items (windshield wiper possible exception). I plan on running the 12v key on power harness (cigarette lighter) to a small bus bar to power the switch
back lights for the turn signals and work light switch for the rear lights.
Here is the bus bar I intend to use: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B7B1SKM9/?tag=sxsweb24-20

And I don't intend to add a wench, large LED light bar, or sound systems. I may add a couple cube lights down the road.

Lightbar
OEMfuse
Rearlights
Signals
Switch plate

Last edited:
Reactions: JenElio
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
only if you decide to/or get so drunk you turn all that stuff on with the key on and the machine off and drain the battery

then you will need a jumper to jump the aux to the main

if you don't plan on that - then no

Last edited:
N

NickInAz

Oct 22, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Adding a winch will affect his SXS. Adding a wench may affect his relationship status.
So... would a three battery set up work for a winch and a wench.... where was I going with my original thought.. I don't know. Switches are in!

Image0 8

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think if you leave everything key on only you should be fine. Winches and anything that you use without the machine running are battery killers

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I’m an outlaw - don’t have 2/3 batteries/isolators/crap and running a winch and high end LED without key on and I’ve jumped this from a running F150 - lol

IMG 1786

• Haha
Reactions: Scoop and Jankyeye