SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I wanted to take a minute to describe my experience with AMP Research. My last two pickups have has their retractable running boards. They are high quality and well engineered. The wiring harnesses are OEM quality and the installs were basically plug & play.

After years of trouble free operation my truck battery started dying nearly overnight. I had been traveling a lot and also have a car as my daily driver. At first I thought maybe it was because I hadn’t driven It for awhile, I have a Warn winch, air bags with an auto level compressor system and the AMP running boards hooked to the battery. I thought the air bags might have a small leak as the compressor was the first thing to come on when the battery started to charge. Took the fuse out and continued to travel. Got back and dead again. I replaced a year old Optima Yellow Top battery and the same thing. Dead. Tested the new battery and it had a bad cell, well why wouldn’t it! Got a new battery and found a draw on the running boards.

Long story longer, I purchased the running boards in 2017. I contacted AMP Research and told them about the problem. This was Tuesday. I had a reply back within an hour. They were sending me a new controller. I replied the next day and asked for an approximate time frame understanding CV might slow things down. They again replied promptly with a shipping number and it was on the way.

I can’t say enough about the outstanding customer service AMP provided. Made in the USA and standing behind their products. I will continue to use and recommend AMP Research.

S

saw1

Apr 17, 2018
Fallon, Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the AMP power steps on a 2015 Ram Crew cab, they were installed at the Dealer when the truck was purchased 5 years ago. I have never had an issue with them and I can say that this is the best thing I added to the truck. My wife would have a really hard time getting in and out without them. I get asked about them often when people see them deploy when the door opens and then raise up under the side of the truck when the door closes. I especially like that I don't lose off-road clearance. Great product, a little pricey but worth it.

Reactions: SpeedBuggy
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!