Subwoofer amp help

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Okay. I just wired up dual battery, interior light, back up camera, amp and sub amp. Everything is working good. But where do I send the RCA's from the subwoofer amplifier? My primary amp has output jacks and my Bluetooth controller only has one set of RCA's. Do I need an RCA splitter at the Bluetooth controller? It powers up and my remote switch is to the controller and I have a good ground. Thank you. The forum has been very helpful. I didn't have one fire :)

Reactions: sharp
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Okay. I just wired up dual battery, interior light, back up camera, amp and sub amp. Everything is working good. But where do I send the RCA's from the subwoofer amplifier? My primary amp has output jacks and my Bluetooth controller only has one set of RCA's. Do I need an RCA splitter at the Bluetooth controller? It powers up and my remote switch is to the controller and I have a good ground. Thank you. The forum has been very helpful. I didn't have one fire :)
You need @trigger....:cool:

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Signal from head unit to main amp. RCA signal from main amp to subwoofer amp.
Out puts from main amp to speakers. Output from sub amp to sub.
Line inputs come from head unit to main amp.
Hmm. I'm not following (lol).
So my main amp has 3 sets of RCA's. 2 sets are for channels 1-4. The other set is an output or input. I'm not sure. I have one set of RCA's going from the head unit to channel 1and2. I have the RCA's from the sub going to the output or input on the main amp. That's obviously not right. Can you dumb it down a bit?

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Hmm. I'm not following (lol).
So my main amp has 3 sets of RCA's. 2 sets are for channels 1-4. The other set is an output or input. I'm not sure. I have one set of RCA's going from the head unit to channel 1and2. I have the RCA's from the sub going to the output or input on the main amp. That's obviously not right. Can you dumb it down a bit?
Most amplifiers with 3 sets of RCA outputs are for Front speaker amplifier, Rear Speaker amplifier, and subwoofer amplifier. What model amplifier are you using? Have you attempted to switch RCA’s? Ex... use front speaker RCA cable for sub speaker RCA to verify your problem isn’t just a bad RCA.
Also pictures of your set up could support our troubleshooting efforts.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We can help with this.
Please give us links to components being used. We will help with wiring. I think I answered some questions about your stereo earlier, but I don't recall all the components.

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We can help with this.
Please give us links to components being used. We will help with wiring. I think I answered some questions about your stereo earlier, but I don't recall all the components.
Yes you did. About my Bluetooth controller. Awesome.

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The RCA's just feed the signal down the line, head unit RCA's out to amps input RCA's. That signal can be split infinitely to feed multiple amps if necessary. Outputs of amps feed speakers. Beyond that we'll need some links or schematics but it's an easy fix. ;)
I don't have a link to the components. But my primary amp is a Rockville 4channel amp and my sub/amp combo is a Rockville rcw8. Right now I have the sub amp plugged into the primary amps output line. I feel like it needs an rca splitter at the controller. Sorry for the blurry photo. That one is the sub

0202190841c 0202190841a

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Looks like you're sending the signal from the head unit into the black amp. On a 4 channel amp, you may need to feed those other two channels with RCA's for it to function properly. Hard to tell in the blurry pic, I'm assuming that's plugged into the input?

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like you're sending the signal from the head unit into the black amp. On a 4 channel amp, you may need to feed those other two channels with RCA's for it to function properly. Hard to tell in the blurry pic, I'm assuming that's plugged into the input?
Yes. The black amp is my primary and I have the RCA's run from the radio/controller to the input of channels 1 and 2. Its bridged from 4channels to 2 channels via a switch. My sub amp is on the output side. Lol. I don't know how I did all this stuff when I was a kid. Haha. Never thought at 45 I would revert back to my founder years with all these big speakers and bright light.. Lol. Thanks for any help you can give. I'm lost looking at wires. Lmao

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And we have bass... I got it. I couldn't use the RCA's because I didn't have a second set coming off my Bluetooth controller. I had to use the high input wires that hook up to the 2nd and 3rd channel of my amp. Thank you everybody for your help. My next post will be "biggest tires that will fit without a lift". Haha. Just kidding.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The RCA's just feed the signal down the line, head unit RCA's out to amps input RCA's. That signal can be split infinitely to feed multiple amps if necessary. Outputs of amps feed speakers. Beyond that we'll need some links or schematics but it's an easy fix. ;)

Not exactly accurate.

Depending on the strength of the signal you may lose output.

I ran into this with the WetSounds Bluetooth switch the output at the Bar and Sub was half when I had it split to each what it was when I had it sent direct to each.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Not exactly accurate.

Depending on the strength of the signal you may lose output.

I ran into this with the WetSounds Bluetooth switch the output at the Bar and Sub was half when I had it split to each what it was when I had it sent direct to each.

You had a different problem going on then, probably EMI, electromagnetic interference. RCA's work on voltage not amperage and splitting doesn't result in a loss of voltage, not that the human ear could detect anyway. Unless you're stretching that run like 30 ft. Probably wasn't shielded well enough. I'm running several RCA splitters in my machine right now and it cranks.

Reactions: Montecresto
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You had a different problem going on then, probably EMI, electromagnetic interference. RCA's work on voltage not amperage and splitting doesn't result in a loss of voltage, not that the human ear could detect anyway. Unless you're stretching that run like 30 ft. Probably wasn't shielded well enough. I'm running several RCA splitters in my machine right now and it cranks.

No the output was cut to each by splitting it, Wetsounds said exactly that. The draw from each device was cut in half I tested it using a amp meter on each the sub and bar. It was a MonsterWire splitter not a el cheap amazon special. I asked them why they didn't provide two outputs and they said it wasn't intended to be used with the surge bars (even though they are sold as KITS by them:mad:)

The noise I had was from the cheap amazon lights, I swapped for the Rough Country and that was solved before I fixed the Bar output issue by using a RF PMX-0 which has 3 pre-amp outputs and no built in amp. I have one more device putting a noise into the system that I fixed using a ground loop iso.

Reactions: trigger
JsheII3

JsheII3

Long time listener.
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2018
Mississippi
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
@1Ktrailrider That Rockville is good stuff (that no one’s heard of...)

I’ve had a Rockville amp in my side-by-side that was WAY over powered (for my set-up), and I bought a Rockville powered 12” SUB for my son’s truck for Christmas that will knock your teeth out.

Impressed with that brand. Glad to see you own one.