ANNOUNCING THE HONDASXS CLUB - PIONEER TAKEOVER 2023....

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
People start to show up as early as the weekend before the actual event. Gives them time to ride more trails and then if they want they can take it easy and hang out around the campground on Saturday......or just ride every day you're there

Don't know how old your kids are but I've been taking mine up from day one and they love it (8 and 9 yr old now) Very kid/family friendly.

Dogs are allowed, just depends on where you stay. The Comfort Inn doesn't allow dogs anymore, so unless you're camping or staying at a hotel further down the road it might be an issue. I'm not 100% sire on the policy for the cabins.

As far as trail conditions, it all depends on what the weather's been like and the kinda traffic they've seen, it constantly changes. Regardless there are trails for everyone and you don't necessarily have to beat on your machine to have a good time. Plenty on bone stock buggies attend and make it out unharmed

If you don't want/need to invest in a different set of tires I'd say you'll be ok. There's plenty of mud there (not swampy). You might want to avoid blacktop if you can but you should be fine as far as "rocky" trails.

It's a great time/place and worth the trip, I've been making the 14 hr trip each way multiple times a year since I bought my P1K5.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I know it was lengthy. Good info there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
So when do most people start to arrive? Wednesday? Thursday before the events on Friday and Saturday? I’m seriously considering taking the kids up and trying to get a feel for the event. Also, how about dogs? Are they allowed? I’ve got a 4 month old Bully that I would rather take with me rather than have him kenneled. Also, do the trails tend to tear machines up, making it necessary to bring extra parts, i.e. axles, tie rods, etc?

One more: I’m running Mudda Inlaws and they aren’t built for rocky trails, more for sloppy mud holes. Think I would be ok with this setup or should I consider a more trail friendly tire?

I know I’m loading up on questions but it’s a pretty big expenditure I want to make sure I’ve got it down pat before pulling the trigger. Big thanks in advance for anyone taking the time to answer.

We book Thurs-Sunday now and then add days later. As long as the weekend is booked you are pretty safe to extend into the week.

Depends on trail conditions, sometimes they are real muddy, other times dusty. I wouldnt buy a set of tires just for this ride. And you can always find mud holes there.

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So when do most people start to arrive? Wednesday? Thursday before the events on Friday and Saturday? I’m seriously considering taking the kids up and trying to get a feel for the event. Also, how about dogs? Are they allowed? I’ve got a 4 month old Bully that I would rather take with me rather than have him kenneled. Also, do the trails tend to tear machines up, making it necessary to bring extra parts, i.e. axles, tie rods, etc?

One more: I’m running Mudda Inlaws and they aren’t built for rocky trails, more for sloppy mud holes. Think I would be ok with this setup or should I consider a more trail friendly tire?

I know I’m loading up on questions but it’s a pretty big expenditure I want to make sure I’ve got it down pat before pulling the trigger. Big thanks in advance for anyone taking the time to answer.

On tires, last year I ran 28" Big Horn II's and the son had 29.5" Terminators on his Can Am. Neither of us had any trouble and it was fairly dry.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are kids helmets required, or just recommended in a buggy?
I ran into the law last time. @TripleB sent me into a trap. Kid with no helmet, open beer in the back seat. All he did was check my permit and told me the kid needs a helmet. I reassured him it won't happen again we were just putting around as we just got there. 2 hrs later we got checked again and he just shook his head and we went on our way.

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I ran into the law last time. @TripleB sent me into a trap. Kid with no helmet, open beer in the back seat. All he did was check my permit and told me the kid needs a helmet. I reassured him it won't happen again we were just putting around as we just got there. 2 hrs later we got checked again and he just shook his head and we went on our way.
They didn't say anything about the kid having an open beer? 🤔

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And at lunch/dinner, your boy sat across from some youtube star. (ever figure out who he was talking about?)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yep hes the Youngest HFAWHA member. But for 60lbs he can put em down with the best of us lol.
Hey your wife still have the Yammijaw? The pictures you took when you gave it to her are priceless. She was so mad and she looked like she was trying to vaporize you. I know they were only pictures but it scared the hell out of me! HA!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey your wife still have the Yammijaw? The pictures you took when you gave it to her are priceless. She was so mad and she looked like she was trying to vaporize you. I know they were only pictures but it scared the hell out of me! HA!
You mean this lol? She later claimed she was only mad because she thought I traded in the Pioneer. I call b.s. This is back when she tried to control me before she gave up on life ;)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You mean this lol? She later claimed she was only mad because she thought I traded in the Pioneer. I call b.s. This is back when she tried to control me before she gave up on life ;)
Thanks for the replay! HA!

Plowboy1466

Plowboy1466

Lifetime Member
Feb 11, 2018
Ashland, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Last year we saw a guy with a bone stock older JD gator there. You'll be fine.

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
FWIW I I have spent plenty of time on those trails in a stock Mule FXT…mighta scraped the underside a “tad” but never any problems!!!
6980DDCF 60FF 4208 933D DF00C0F059EB

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
How have I never seen that, hahaha??? She was contemplating violence

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!