Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We went camping this weekend 7 for the year so far and all I can say is I love this 1000! We decided to get wood for the fire Friday night loaded the bed to the roof which is quite a bit however we didn't want to keep going back and we had a lot of people with us so we took the 10/6.6 trailer and loaded her up. The lighting make it perfect. We had two saws and 5 people. Two to cut and three to load drove right up in there and stared a production line. In 45min we had it fully loaded and all cut to length. We came back across where others were camped and the looks were funny as hell. I'm sure we had well over a cord loaded with 5 people inside and the music cranked. I knew it would do it but I was still impressed as we had to pull the load through pretty heavy forest and a gnarly hill. Love having gears and low! Love this vehicle!
Saturday woke up (around noon as we were out trail riding till 5am) to a bunch of RZR's we ride with and decided to show them around as they were not familiar to this area. It is mainly deep deep woods with lots of heavy technical areas when you get deep. Deep we did we took them to a hidden waterfall and went into to brush. Great group of people truly and had a great time. We were loaded 5 people had all our other machines loaded as well. After laying down so many miles on this I'm very cozy and will go anywhere and apparently more places easier then the little 50"ers. Holy crap it goes(broke both mirrors at once through a couple of trees) so controllable! There was a 4 door rzr with us as well very nice machine 10's of thousands into it but what a pain luckily we had a big group with saws. The Honda never burped or complained and everyone had great music from us and we all had fun even though we'd have to stop and wait a bit. It was fun being up front as a Honda (remember the old Honda commercial "follow the leader he's on a Honda!") omg!!! The next few hours I nutted up and tore the **** out of the dirt on my big bore Honda crf. Missed it the sxs has taken up some of my time. Between both Hondas another 200+ miles noproblems. Saturday night late we ran into a couple more sxs's and a jeep. The jeep was a joke as apparently it couldn't get dirty. The rzr and commander did better but they refused to go deep and even turned around from a tree that crossed the road only about a foot and a half around. We drove over it and offered to cut it out of their way but I guess that makes people pissy. At any rate again this damn thing is nothing but smiles from us. Won't be too long till we see more Honda I'm sure. Side note again we just finished valve adjust on our Polaris got it back up here and just realized it now needs another wheel bearing as we noticed nasty wear on left rear inside tire and all the bushings in the front need replaced again. POS!!!! My hats off to Honda for getting back in the game it's taken our camp experience to the next level. We had a total of 11 Hondas up here this weekend and again no problems (flat tire broken lever and hid headlight left on so dead battery but all human caused) I will forever bleed red! Don't mean to sound like I'm bragging about my Hondas but I know I'm on the right site as it's hard not to do. You all know the feeling! Enjoy your brand and be proud. If ever need to show others hook up 2000 pounds of wood on a 700 pound trailer load 4 of your close friends with two saws and a cooler with a couple 30 bombs and head out. Not one problem yet. I love this 1000 more then my wife at time.

H

Honda300

Mar 22, 2016
Fort mcmurray , alberta
very nice write I'm soon going to have to break down and get one. lots off good info on here. how do you find the bench seat on long rides compared to the buckets on a rzr

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you usually go to the same place or go to different places?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
very nice write I'm soon going to have to break down and get one. lots off good info on here. how do you find the bench seat on long rides compared to the buckets on a rzr
This is one of those questions I don't want to answer as I'm really anti Polaris after my continuous poor luck. There is a part of me (very small part) that does miss the buckets. While in the rough stuff not going to lie the were more comfortable and you definitely felt safer. The foam they use on the pioneer is better though in my eyes. I liked rzr seats until you were in it for a couple hours and my butt was tingling and my legs have gone numb on occasions. A couple others complained about that as well but others liked them. I would say over all I'd rather the bucket but the Honda seat is cozy for a bench and holds you in pretty good and I wouldn't sacrifice the extra seat(and sometimes cooler holder) to go back. In my eyes the bigger thing is getting some better legs under the 1000. We had the 700 and I'm not going to say that I don't like the 1000 better because omg:) but we loved the 700 minus those crappy shocks and going to fox 100% made it better in every way so I'm excited for that as well in the 1000 and expect them to make the seat even better. The back aren't bad but I am sick on the hammering nose but that is usually only felt in the really bad stuff. Overall incredible machine. Every one will have "things you don't like" but it's really nice to have an all around dependable fun vehicle. I swear on everything holy I'm not going back. I'm sure you'll be happy with this machine because we sure are everyone comments On it and it has already opened up some very closed minds.

Bear

Bear

Apr 11, 2016
Utah
This is one of those questions I don't want to answer as I'm really anti Polaris after my continuous poor luck. There is a part of me (very small part) that does miss the buckets. While in the rough stuff not going to lie the were more comfortable and you definitely felt safer. The foam they use on the pioneer is better though in my eyes. I liked rzr seats until you were in it for a couple hours and my butt was tingling and my legs have gone numb on occasions. A couple others complained about that as well but others liked them. I would say over all I'd rather the bucket but the Honda seat is cozy for a bench and holds you in pretty good and I wouldn't sacrifice the extra seat(and sometimes cooler holder) to go back. In my eyes the bigger thing is getting some better legs under the 1000. We had the 700 and I'm not going to say that I don't like the 1000 better because omg:) but we loved the 700 minus those crappy shocks and going to fox 100% made it better in every way so I'm excited for that as well in the 1000 and expect them to make the seat even better. The back aren't bad but I am sick on the hammering nose but that is usually only felt in the really bad stuff. Overall incredible machine. Every one will have "things you don't like" but it's really nice to have an all around dependable fun vehicle. I swear on everything holy I'm not going back. I'm sure you'll be happy with this machine because we sure are everyone comments On it and it has already opened up some very closed minds.

I just installed some RZR seats in my pioneer 700-4 they support lower back better than the bench. Taking it out Thursday for a test ride to see if my mounts hold. I also had a Polaris, I drove it like it was a Honda and it didn't hold up very well . Now I'm back in a Honda. With a few upgrades(seats and shocks) I'm sure it will just perfect. Can anyone suggest a good shock upgrade for the 700-4? Thank you from Utah.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Do you usually go to the same place or go to different places?
We have about 10 or so places however this place always offers us a great time it has single track, gnarly hill climbs,creek crossings, large area for kids to learn (all of ours did here) is private land that a trust fund keeps up so it's our oasis. Anyone that does go there knows us and we can ride any of our machines into town for more beer,gas or bullets:) it's home. With that said we plan to go elsewhere for about 1/3 the time to just not get bored and to remind us of what that is. I really do like knowing a place this well especially as we and others that come up with us have kids. They can go ride for hours be safe and have fun. Bu
I just installed some RZR seats in my pioneer 700-4 they support lower back better than the bench. Taking it out Thursday for a test ride to see if my mounts hold. I also had a Polaris, I drove it like it was a Honda and it didn't hold up very well . Now I'm back in a Honda. With a few upgrades(seats and shocks) I'm sure it will just perfect. Can anyone suggest a good shock upgrade for the 700-4? Thank you from Utah.
Utah looks beautiful from all the pics I've seen getting jealous here guys. im right there with you on dependability but we can save that for another day. In the 700 buckets might just be smart because there isn't much room for a third so I commend you on your choice! We used the Fox shocks designed for the 700 and they were absolutely incredible especially when you got with it the faster you go the better they did. My only real complaint with the 700 was the poor shocks. There are a couple choices and some of the guys here have managed to install Commander shocks and have had pretty good luck. Shocks are a big deal on that one.

Reactions: Bear

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!