Another new guy hopping the Polaris fence

Pioneer_Jake

Pioneer_Jake

Aug 29, 2016
Lima Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey fellas and bad ass ladies, my name is Jake. I am from NW Ohio. I'm the first of a large group of riders in the area to purchase a new pioneer. I've moved on from the "big bad" Polaris XP 1000. I had nothing but problems with that thing. I recently bought a new house with several acres and needed something that could be useful and fun so naturally the pioneer was the perfect choice! I have a P1000-5 and have a lot of questions as I can never keep my hands from modifying anything I own. I have been scouring the forums for days now and there are a lot of good informative threads. I did have just a couple of questions that I didn't read yet. What are the largest tires we can fit without doing a lift? I'm not opposed to doing a lift but I really hate how tall the cages are already. I don't want to worry about trees and clearing my garage door. Last, has anyone modified the full roof on these? I'd rather it be a 2 piece so if rear riders want to stand up and use the front as a bipod platform when shooting critters they can. I'd love to see pics of more custom stuff.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey fellas and bad ass ladies, my name is Jake. I am from NW Ohio. I'm the first of a large group of riders in the area to purchase a new pioneer. I've moved on from the "big bad" Polaris XP 1000. I had nothing but problems with that thing. I recently bought a new house with several acres and needed something that could be useful and fun so naturally the pioneer was the perfect choice! I have a P1000-5 and have a lot of questions as I can never keep my hands from modifying anything I own. I have been scouring the forums for days now and there are a lot of good informative threads. I did have just a couple of questions that I didn't read yet. What are the largest tires we can fit without doing a lift? I'm not opposed to doing a lift but I really hate how tall the cages are already. I don't want to worry about trees and clearing my garage door. Last, has anyone modified the full roof on these? I'd rather it be a 2 piece so if rear riders want to stand up and use the front as a bipod platform when shooting critters they can. I'd love to see pics of more custom stuff.
First off welcome to the forum I think you made a wise decision jumping the fence.. you're now on the dark side;).
Question #1- depends on tire and if they are true to size. But I believe 28 is about max without lift.
#2 haven't seen any mods to the full roof. Several have taken off the rear rops and put the 3 seat roof on. A split roof you could slide on a track would be a cool mod!
If you have any more questions don't be afraid to ask..lots of helpful people here
Post some pics when you get a chance ..we love pics

Reactions: Pioneer_Jake
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

You can get forward a-arms and get a bigger tire without a lift. I'm running 30" tires with approx 1" lift and 2" forward arms.

Also, check the cage chops these guys have been doing. Really cool.

P1000 - Chop Top Club

SIGNATURE:

Quote by Delton: You ain't riding the Bull without some type of collateral damage. Scratches, gouges, etc. But if you do happen to be the type that Armoralls your tires and waxes your panels, we have a nice stretch of blacktop you can raise hell on lmao

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum and yes post pics!! Very cool idea about the roof. That'd be a great mod.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from SE Tennessee. I too had several of the other SxS's and I'm very glad I went back to Honda... You can check out some of the videos we've done at:
djrfubar

Pioneer_Jake

Pioneer_Jake

Aug 29, 2016
Lima Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can get forward a-arms and get a bigger tire without a lift. I'm running 30" tires with approx 1" lift and 2" forward arms.

Also, check the cage chops these guys have been doing. Really cool.

P1000 - Chop Top Club

SIGNATURE:

Quote by Delton: You ain't riding the Bull without some type of collateral damage. Scratches, gouges, etc. But if you do happen to be the type that Armoralls your tires and waxes your panels, we have a nice stretch of blacktop you can raise hell on lmao
Hey thanks man I will have to look into that! Where did you get your forward A-arms?

Pioneer_Jake

Pioneer_Jake

Aug 29, 2016
Lima Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum and yes post pics!! Very cool idea about the roof. That'd be a great mod.
Thanks Delton! I've got a few ideas up my sleeve for this machine so keep your eyes peeled and I'll post some pics. I'm getting ready to add some front to back cage supports in my roof to support my SSV-works stereo from my RZR. Should look like a factory piece when its all done.

Reactions: Delton and joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey thanks man I will have to look into that! Where did you get your forward A-arms?

CATVOS is where I got mine. High lifter is selling them now and so it SuperATV.

SIGNATURE:

GravelBat

GravelBat

Sep 5, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome! A retractable roof would be pretty cool. Post up some pics when you start moding, always gives me ideas for what I would want to do with mine.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
First of all welcome to the club. It's good to have another that accept Honda for the dependability it is.
There are people including myself looking at a sunroof or some sort of easy open air. As long as nothing important is connected to the roof it's a 5 minute pull off really. That may not be a solution but it is fast. If one was to buy the front 3 passenger roof and the 5 you could easily use the plastic factory style clips to attach the center but obviously wouldn't be cheap. I have recently installed a 2 1/2 lift and love it but I had the some of the same reasons for not wanting it taller. We had cut the roof down prior to the lift so even with the lift its a full 3 inches lower in front and two on the rest. Handles very well no regrets here and a shop if one was to search around would probably be fair as its a simple job.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!