P1000m5 Another new guy. Reno NV

S

Swashplate

Mar 31, 2024
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just wanted to introduce myself to y'all. Here I am in my mid 50's but feel like in my 30's. I'm a 20 year+ retired MH-53E Aircrewman for the US Navy. Now working for a Bioenergy company here in Reno NV. Ive been riding motorcycles since I was 10 and in 2020 I bought my first quad, Polaris 850 touring for my new wife and I. Well found we would like the option of bringing our two Boston Terriers with us and that brought us to the Pioneer 1000-5. We figured we have room for the pups up front and some room for the grandkids in the back when they visit or we tow this thing behind our Campervan that I built out.

That's it in a nutshell. We hope to find wisdom and like minded folks here who have sense of humor. I only say that because I have a 2017 Africa Twin 1000 and over on ADVRIDER.com if you ask what oil or if your ask if you can use wd-40 on your chain, everyone goes nuts and it's hilarious.

Here's to the next step in our life. 🥂 Cheers

20240407 171238 20240407 171245

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Texas. Nice looking rig and wide open spaces

Lots of good, helpful, knowledgeable folks here.

Is swashplate a helicopter reference from the Sea Dragon?

Thank you for your service and dedication

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
S

Swashplate

Mar 31, 2024
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Texas. Nice looking rig and wide open spaces

Lots of good, helpful, knowledgeable folks here.

Is swashplate a helicopter reference from the Sea Dragon?

Thank you for your service and dedication

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk
Yes, a swashplate is a reference to a helicopter part located up on the rotorhead. Swashplate - Wikipedia

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just wanted to introduce myself to y'all. Here I am in my mid 50's but feel like in my 30's. I'm a 20 year+ retired MH-53E Aircrewman for the US Navy. Now working for a Bioenergy company here in Reno NV. Ive been riding motorcycles since I was 10 and in 2020 I bought my first quad, Polaris 850 touring for my new wife and I. Well found we would like the option of bringing our two Boston Terriers with us and that brought us to the Pioneer 1000-5. We figured we have room for the pups up front and some room for the grandkids in the back when they visit or we tow this thing behind our Campervan that I built out.

That's it in a nutshell. We hope to find wisdom and like minded folks here who have sense of humor. I only say that because I have a 2017 Africa Twin 1000 and over on ADVRIDER.com if you ask what oil or if your ask if you can use wd-40 on your chain, everyone goes nuts and it's hilarious.

View attachment 424634 View attachment 424635
Welcome to the forum from Ohio and nice buggy

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Welcome to the club from BC! Good choice on the red one. Red is the fastest! Enjoy!

1border4manu

1border4manu

Supporting Member
Jul 4, 2019
Zephyrhills, Florida
Ownership

1. 500

Welcome from Central Florida. Enjoy your new machine.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5

We have a lot of fun here on this forum. Welcome from Canton, OH!

POIDH✅
RITFC✅

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Welcome from upstate central New York

Many good people and information on Honda Forum & ( they like Pictures )

Fyi: A Few are more full of themselves than others ( some seen to think refering to weight )

Red was the first Color All other colors followed ( Honda Hope's they sell )

Enjoy the Toy and Make Memories

Live to be SOS <> SLOWER/ OLDER/ Smarter

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Welcome from The Great Lakes State. Not to be confused with being a great state though. Unless you are a commie, then you will love it here.

Good lookin’ rig 👍🏼

#NTC

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Howdy from Oklahoma and welcome to the club. Anyone who likes Boston Terriers is OK by me. 👍 We've had several over the years, and my daughter fosters Boston Terriers with special needs.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!