P500 Another new guy.

Mrmachinist

Mrmachinist

Oct 18, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Well I just picked up my P5 today. Im in SW Louisiana and an unwilling member of the hurricane of the month club. I’m sure I’ll be asking some dumb questions but I’ll try to keep them to a minimum. I’ll post pics when I get home. Been reading a lot and this is a great forum. I’m big on forums with my Tundra and Range Rover (especially this one. About impossible to own an older one without the forums).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrmachinist

Mrmachinist

Oct 18, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome to a new dimension, even though Louisiana is in a different dimension already Anyone north of the Atchafalaya River Basin is a Yankee.

Lots of good info and nice folks here

We'll have to locate you some pontoons so you can join the Cajun Navy

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I’m about 3 miles north of I 10 so that makes me a yankee in some circles....

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What if you're north of the Sabine (Saaabean) Riva??

Used to be a Louisiana Honda commercial for the motorcycle division that Santa said anyone north of the Shreveport (S'port City) was a Yankee.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Mrmachinist

Mrmachinist

Oct 18, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
[mention]TxDoc [/mention]
The Sabine runs N to S along the TX LA border then turns west into TX. Not sure how they got that but yes if you are north of that. Definitely a yankee.

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Well I just picked up my P5 today. Im in SW Louisiana and an unwilling member of the hurricane of the month club. I’m sure I’ll be asking some dumb questions but I’ll try to keep them to a minimum.

Howdy from Oklahoma, and welcome. Good choice on the P500 👍. Don't worry about asking dumb questions. We have a lot of folks here who are well qualified to give dumb answers. ;)

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I just picked up my P5 today. Im in SW Louisiana and an unwilling member of the hurricane of the month club. I’m sure I’ll be asking some dumb questions but I’ll try to keep them to a minimum. I’ll post pics when I get home. Been reading a lot and this is a great forum. I’m big on forums with my Tundra and Range Rover (especially this one. About impossible to own an older one without the forums).

Welcome from the Midwest.

Reactions: EMAW
Mrmachinist

Mrmachinist

Oct 18, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
1fd769fff2614a82448b130a118451a6

Bacf2228e89a139ed8f8245b882bf3f9

I have the rear bumper, and 2” receiver, seat belt bypass, and frame plugs on order. I have a toolbox to add to the back as well.

Lights will be the next thing on the menu.

Stick stoppers? I was dead set on getting them and the dealer said they cause more problems than they help. Said they cause corrosion. I haven’t seen much discussion either way about them.

This will mainly be a hunting rig but we will probably do some trails as well. I’m build a Range Rover for the whole family to go wheeling in as well.

My previous 4 wheeler was a 98 Suzuki king quad. This is quite an upgrade.

Last edited:
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Welcome from The Great Lakes State 😎

#NTC

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Alright, as the new guy, you must provide ample amounts of Crawfish 🦞 Boudin. Mother won’t send me any....She’s all you need to come down here an get yo own dang Boudin! Got Sugar?
7F71FAEE 7B85 48D7 ACC6 D697F45E5D26
2E06F71E 59D0 44C5 AF19 A014A41FFFED
0984670C C13E 41B4 8C99 66B529E837DD

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
View attachment 231106

View attachment 231114

I have the rear bumper, and 2” receiver, seat belt bypass, and frame plugs on order. I have a toolbox to add to the back as well.

Lights will be the next thing on the menu.

Stick stoppers? I was dead set on getting them and the dealer said they cause more problems than they help. Said they cause corrosion. I haven’t seen much discussion either way about them.

This will mainly be a hunting rig but we will probably do some trails as well. I’m build a Range Rover for the whole family to go wheeling in as well.

My previous 4 wheeler was a 98 Suzuki king quad. This is quite an upgrade.

Quite an upgrade from a King Quad!

Stick stoppers have been around FOREVER, and they are manufactured in Kinder, near my house. I didn't buy my Talon from LC Honda because they didn't have one. My father-in-law and I went to Covington to buy (2) 19 closeouts at a good price. Those people are NICE, helpful, and on the ball. I don't think there is one nice or helpful person at LC Honda.

When I went to Covington to buy my Talon, they had 1 hour notice that I was coming to purchase. I'd spoken to the salesman the day before but hadn't committed. We arrived at the dealer at 9 am on a Saturday and were gone by 11 am. They had all the paper work ready to go when we got there. I only had to wait for assembly out of the crate. Got the machine orientation on a floor model while waiting for mine. I'd highly recommend Covington as a dealer and for service. Long drive but you'll waste more time putting up with LC crap or waiting in line for service.

LC did the first maintenance for me and father-in-law and we weren't impressed with service. They gave my father-in-law a bunch of excuses why his Talon was difficult to get into Low range with only 200 miles on it. Said they adjusted the shift cable and now may have to pull the engine and transmission, didn't know if it would be under warranty, wouldn't get to it for 4 weeks, blah blah blah... So he called Covington, they looked at it the next day. Shift cable was out of adjustment 1/2" (from LC service)! They adjusted the cable AND showed my father-in-law how to adjust it for the future!!! I'll never return to LC Honda for anything! I never did like that bunch, the whole crew acts like snobs 24/7.

Oh, I did call Lafayette but that guy was a JERK on the phone! So they are out of question for the future too. i don't know why these dealers can't be friendly!

Mrmachinist

Mrmachinist

Oct 18, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
[mention]highpocket74 [/mention]
Strongmade / Savant is about 15 minutes from my house.

Marcus (GM / owner) at LC Honda is great to deal with. Other than working with limited internet for the paperwork everything went smooth.

I can’t personally speak for service dept but I’ve heard mostly but good about them. I typically do my own work other than warranty work. So we will see how it goes. If it’s too big of a job or I don’t have time. I have a mechanic cousin in Rayne that is fantastic so I typically go that route.

Honda of Lafayette was terrible 15 years ago when I had my Shadow 750. I used Southside Honda as they were much better, but it is not that anymore has a different name and owner now.

Reactions: Mudwing
K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
I’m about 3 miles north of I 10 so that makes me a yankee in some circles....

Welcome from 5 miles South of I-10, Yankee. I’m between my Pioneer and a Talon right now. I used LC Honda for all of my basic service but I traveled to buy because it was cheaper.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!