Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Is EZ Steer still the only player when it comes to PS for the 700?

advertisement
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Only one I've ever come across. Being as its on the 2017 700 perhaps you'll be able to buy a Honda kit soon? Is there something about ez steer you don't like or you just wanting to know all options?

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I just wanted to look at all of them before I choose. You (and everyone else) have installed the EZ Steer, and I haven't read a single complaint, so it's going to be hard to sway me from them.

Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
EZSteer is best modification I made to my 700. Have over a thousand miles on mine and it still works like a charm. Really makes those multipoint turns easy not to mention no bump steer and less fatigue after all day at the wheel.

Reactions: Tflynn
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
EZSteer is best modification I made to my 700. Have over a thousand miles on mine and it still works like a charm. Really makes those multipoint turns easy not to mention no bump steer and less fatigue after all day at the wheel.
I had over 1000mi as well always perfect

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Dammit. You guys are going to break me. I'll order the EZ Steer.
As always, peer pressure is alive and well on hondasxs.com! I'm not sure if you've read through the thread on ez steer or not but to make your life easier just know you do not have to remove the dash or the c-clip on the steering column during installation, even though they tell you to in the instructions.

Reactions: joeymt33
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Good to know. The less I disassemble, the less I'll have to put back.
Looks like the hood and drivers side fender is all?

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
That is how I did it. Hood and fender. If I remember right it took right about 3 hours I think? That was with a friends help.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement
Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
3 hours.... about one 12 pack.
My EzSteer took a lot longer than 3 hours to install mine (guess how many 12 packs and Whisky shots). HOWEVER I had to relocate my heater, hoses, wires, ducting....a real PIA but I would do it again in a heartbeat

Reactions: Tflynn
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
yeah I was lucky I only had to move a winch solenoid over 3" to make room! Also, superatv has built custom wiring harness's for guys with heaters so they can mount the computer box in a different location. But I think every picture I've seen of @Gator he's in cutoff sleeves so I'm betting no heater needed in Louisiana?

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
We had a few nights the temp dipped below 32 last year. ;)

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have put this off pending completion of the A-arm mods (which have been delayed another 6-8 weeks). This past weekend I was in a turn and hit a cypress knee. It jammed my wrist hard enough to hurt for three days. I think I'm going to have to order the EZ Steer.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah when it becomes a safety issue you gotta do it. I don't know what a broken wrist costs but I bet ez steer is cheaper!

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah when it becomes a safety issue you gotta do it. I don't know what a broken wrist costs but I bet ez steer is cheaper!
I was curious if someone would be able to take a pic, or if you know if there is a picture of the ez steer installed under the hood. I am working on my electrical components and was contemplating putting a second battery under the hood, but didn't know if it would interfere with the ez steer when I order one for my own Christmas present. I don't think I will ever put a heater, but I didn't want to move a bunch of stuff when I decide to put the ez steer on. Thanks in advance.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I was curious if someone would be able to take a pic, or if you know if there is a picture of the ez steer installed under the hood. I am working on my electrical components and was contemplating putting a second battery under the hood, but didn't know if it would interfere with the ez steer when I order one for my own Christmas present. I don't think I will ever put a heater, but I didn't want to move a bunch of stuff when I decide to put the ez steer on. Thanks in advance.
What size battery were you thinking?

Reactions: tjoreo
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

I had the ez steer and a second battery. The battery fits in if bracket is made and ez steer is out of the way. You might coinsider on the 700 do do battery under the seat as well. I prefer them under hood myself but others have luck there and on the 700 there isn't that perfect spot to put one.

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: Gator and tjoreo
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What size battery were you thinking?
I'm thinking about using the stock yt14 battery and install a new GYZ16 for the starting battery. It sounds like the Canadian models come with the bigger battery from the factory, so I thought I would upgrade. I had a little trouble starting in the cold last year and I think it is due to the size of battery. I am sure I have enough room but I just want to make sure. Thanks

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!