P700 Another Power steering thread

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had the ez steer and a second battery. The battery fits in if bracket is made and ez steer is out of the way. You might coinsider on the 700 do do battery under the seat as well. I prefer them under hood myself but others have luck there and on the 700 there isn't that perfect spot to put one.

Sent from iPhone
Thanks @CumminsPusher that is what I need to know. I would rather have it under the seat like everyone else but I put a 20mm ammo can under there for added storage. It fit perfect and adds a lot of extra storage. I thought maybe about adding the battery to the back of the can, but it would be getting pretty close to the rear tire. After looking at the 1000 setup, I think under the hood is perfect but I just didn't want to run in the power steering when I put it on. Thanks

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I was looking hard for a picture of it but for some reason I do not have one must not have saved to the phone so I apologize. The battery I was running though was the same 26amp size as the one that sits in the 1000 pictured here. Got lucky it fit the 1000 so well, that was my trick to figuring out batt size so quickly for the 1000 899fe8ed0370691c1668c891325d0bd3
So you can go quite large.

Sent from iPhone

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was looking hard for a picture of it but for some reason I do not have one must not have saved to the phone so I apologize. The battery I was running though was the same 26amp size as the one that sits in the 1000 pictured here. Got lucky it fit the 1000 so well, that was my trick to figuring out batt size so quickly for the 1000View attachment 21757
So you can go quite large.

Sent from iPhone
That would work even better. I don't have to many accessories planned but plans change. I am planning on using the Blue Sea Mini Add a Battery switch and acr with should give me ability to use both batteries to start on those cold Idaho mornings, but the acr to isolate the batteries. I got around to installing mystic1219's switch plate and my Bluetooth radio before the long weekend. In my haste I just hooked it up to the stock battery with a fuse and left it at that. I guess my 3 year old must have had a good time jamming out music and forgot to turn it off when she was done, because we went to leave Thursday and DEAD. It was a actually a good thing because I got the green light from the kitchen boss that I could add the second battery. Game on.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That would work even better. I don't have to many accessories planned but plans change. I am planning on using the Blue Sea Mini Add a Battery switch and acr with should give me ability to use both batteries to start on those cold Idaho mornings, but the acr to isolate the batteries. I got around to installing mystic1219's switch plate and my Bluetooth radio before the long weekend. In my haste I just hooked it up to the stock battery with a fuse and left it at that. I guess my 3 year old must have had a good time jamming out music and forgot to turn it off when she was done, because we went to leave Thursday and DEAD. It was a actually a good thing because I got the green light from the kitchen boss that I could add the second battery. Game on.

I'd sure go deep cycle they hold up better but bigger is better especially if you listen to the radio or use accessories while vehicle is off. Mama's ok is always a good thing!!!
I'll look for a pic tonight of that battery installed it's in the site somewhere.

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: tjoreo and Eltobgi
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd sure go deep cycle they hold up better but bigger is better especially if you listen to the radio or use accessories while vehicle is off. Mama's ok is always a good thing!!!
I'll look for a pic tonight of that battery installed it's in the site somewhere.

Sent from iPhone
Don't spend to much time worrying about it. It was just something that I was looking at last night and actually saw some installation pics of a battery under the hood on the web, but not with the power steering installed. I believe everything you put on here and if you say the above mentioned battery will fit, I won't hesitate to question it. Thanks for all your help.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well thank you for that that's really kind. I can't find a picture for the life of me which sucks because it would have given a little bit of a guide for placement. It sat to the driver side, flat (these are agm deep cycle batteries and can be mounted anyway but upside down) and it's a 26ah unit. Biggest bang for the buck I could find and lasted the whole time we had that rig and a couple months in the new one. We are very hard on batteries so that's saying something. If memory serves me it was just barely under the rear cowl that the hood sits on. I made a very simple bracket with a flat plate and like I do occasionally if the battery doesn't need out for access and used 3m double back to secure it to the plate that doubles as a cushion since it was flat side down. Sounds cheesy but works excellent and looks clean.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!