Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Got a super winch 3500 on mine with synthetic line. Used it to pull out @CumminsPusher and a couple of others P1000’s repeatedly out of a Idaho mud bog one night...
Repeatedly...you make it sound like we were purposely trying to get stuck:rolleyes:

Terry_Redman

Terry_Redman

Dec 17, 2018
Longmont, Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
I bought a 2017 Green P-500 (Kermit) new in December 2018 from Budke Powersports in North Platte, NE. I had the battery box issue, but did not know to ask the dealer to demonstrate. After finding out about this at home, I ended up having to do the drill-bit fix to get the battery box open and then had to convert to a wing nut solution. While I was there, I added a 12 VDC charging cable like I use on my motercycles to hook up a Battery Tender. Both fixes were discussed in the HondaSXS P-500 forum. I've only been able to ride 38 miles so far because there is too much snow here in the Colorado front range OHV trails. I've only been able to ride twice at Pawnee Grasslands Main Draw area. I can't wait to get Kermit out on the mountain trails and roads!

advertisement
GrnP500

GrnP500

Lifetime Member
Apr 21, 2019
COTXARLA
Ownership

1. 500
Well After looking around for month and the best bang for buck and reliably,it was a no brainer.
I bought a leftover 2017 500 Camo with 400km Demo.
things that they have to do before handing over to me..
the mechanic of 35yrs there says...
Rear right drive shaft he says or bearing..Already only 400Km.
Replace new front bumper.Big dent one some must have hit a rock seeing it's a demo and was use on the trail...
Squeak in drive shaft or something like that.
they'll investigate a little further.

New Manuals both were soaking wet with mold.

All oil changes break-in done so won't have to go till 1000Km intervals
That it I hope...
The last numbers in the serial 4200028 would this mean number 28 on the production line for 2017 ..

They gave me a 2k$ discount and with out me knowing they gave me a brand new set of 25" rubicon wheels and tire combo as a good will jester cause i put 2K down and he said i can keep the 24"s wheels and tires..
Wow i was impressed that they would do that, but no surprise been dealing with the same dealership since 1999 20 yrs..cars and powersports...
Never did take it out for a test but did back in 2014 when they first came out but already purchase my 420 of 1 year..But reading all the reviews and doing my homework i think or I hope I'll be happy
Any ways can't wait to try it out.....

View attachment 112445
I have a question and this looks like the ideal place to ask. If Rubicon wheel studs are 10mm and P500 wheel studs are 12mm, how do the ATV wheels work out on the P500. Thanks.

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I have a question and this looks like the ideal place to ask. If Rubicon wheel studs are 10mm and P500 wheel studs are 12mm, how do the ATV wheels work out on the P500. Thanks.
Actually that's a very good question and got me thinking...As these were giving to me free in the deal as he told they were just hanging around they gave them to me...But now i realize now because of your question they may have come off the deluxe P1 or P7 as they are 12mm holes studs.. but they do make them for the Rubicon as far as i know with 10mm holes and if they were 10mm holes they wouldn't have fit on the 500 being 12mm...hope it make sense..

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Actually that's a very good question and got me thinking...As these were giving to me free in the deal as he told they were just hanging around they gave them to me...But now i realize now because of your question they may have come off the deluxe P1 or P7 as they are 12mm holes studs.. but they do make them for the Rubicon as far as i know with 10mm holes and if they were 10mm holes they wouldn't have fit on the 500 being 12mm...hope it make sense..
You are correct they were for a P1 or P7 if they have the 12mm studs. 10mm does not fit on the 500. If you need any wheel spacers for stability or door bushings for the rattling doors check us out on rb3offroad.com and welcome to the club!!!!

Reactions: Rustneversleeps

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!