• Thread starter Rustneversleeps
  • Start date
Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Well After looking around for month and the best bang for buck and reliably,it was a no brainer.
I bought a leftover 2017 500 Camo with 400km Demo.
things that they have to do before handing over to me..
the mechanic of 35yrs there says...
Rear right drive shaft he says or bearing..Already only 400Km.
Replace new front bumper.Big dent one some must have hit a rock seeing it's a demo and was use on the trail...
Squeak in drive shaft or something like that.
they'll investigate a little further.

New Manuals both were soaking wet with mold.

All oil changes break-in done so won't have to go till 1000Km intervals
That it I hope...
The last numbers in the serial 4200028 would this mean number 28 on the production line for 2017 ..

They gave me a 2k$ discount and with out me knowing they gave me a brand new set of 25" rubicon wheels and tire combo as a good will jester cause i put 2K down and he said i can keep the 24"s wheels and tires..
Wow i was impressed that they would do that, but no surprise been dealing with the same dealership since 1999 20 yrs..cars and powersports...
Never did take it out for a test but did back in 2014 when they first came out but already purchase my 420 of 1 year..But reading all the reviews and doing my homework i think or I hope I'll be happy
Any ways can't wait to try it out.....

20190305 150623

Last edited:
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Congrats and Welcome. If you don’t mind some friendly advice, have them show you actual removal of the battery box cover, and check to make sure the emergency gear shift lever is under the drivers seat. Many have had the battery cover issue with the bolt “nut” spinning from the dealers.

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well After looking around for month and the best bang for buck and reliably,it was a no brainer.
I bought a leftover 2017 500 Camo with 400km Demo.
things that they have to do before handing over to me..
the mechanic of 35yrs there says...
Rear right drive shaft he says or bearing..Already only 400Km.
Replace new front bumper.Big dent one some must have hit a rock seeing it's a demo and was use on the trail...
Squeak in drive shaft or something like that.
they'll investigate a little further.

New Manuals both were soaking wet with mold.

All oil changes break-in done so won't have to go till 1000Km intervals
That it I hope...
The last numbers in the serial 4200028 would this mean number 28 on the production line for 2017 ..

They gave me a 2k$ discount and with out me knowing they gave me a brand new set of 25" rubicon wheels and tire combo as a good will jester cause i put 2K down and he said i can keep the 24"s wheels and tires..
Wow i was impressed that they would do that, but no surprise been dealing with the same dealership since 1999 20 yrs..cars and powersports...
Never did take it out for a test but did back in 2014 when they first came out but already purchase my 420 of 1 year..But reading all the reviews and doing my homework i think or I hope I'll be happy
Any ways can't wait to try it out.....

View attachment 112445
TURD! I want a P5! BAD!

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
Congrats and Welcome. If you don’t mind some friendly advice, have them show you actual removal of the battery box cover, and check to make sure the emergency gear shift lever is under the drivers seat. Many have had the battery cover issue with the bolt “nut” spinning from the dealers.
Thanks man..
I will put that on my to ask list..can wait to go out this Saturday on the snowy trail.I'm hope the limit front diff works if not, i will be added Torq-Locker and many more goodies..

advertisement
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks man..
I will put that on my to ask list..can wait to go out this Saturday on the snowy trail.I'm hope the limit front diff works if not, i will be added Torq-Locker and many more goodies..
I’m sure a front locker will be handy, changing your stock tires will make a huge improvement to your p5. It’s an underrated machine imo.

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
And just like that, the floodgates of my wallet opened and I was broke again...lol:D
You got that right.That's the reason why you see it the way it is Plain Jane:D. My first upgrade will be KFI winch and high mount plate..
What best size winch to get you think a 2500 will do or a 3000Lb winch.or does it have to be a 4500lbs ..

Reactions: Russ989
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
You got that right.That's the reason why you see it the way it is Plain Jane:D. My first upgrade will be KFI winch and high mount plate..
What best size winch to get you think a 2500 will do or a 3000Lb winch.or does it have to be a 4500lbs ..

3500lb winch for the 500. Synthetic if you can swing it. ;)

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got a super winch 3500 on mine with synthetic line. Used it to pull out @CumminsPusher and a couple of others P1000’s repeatedly out of a Idaho mud bog one night...

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!