P1000 Another Roof Rack

zumper

zumper

Apr 4, 2016
Minden NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like the idea of a roof rack and I was going to just mount my spare on my roof, however where we ride height can become an issue. Going under limbs and trees, the rood can hang.
Lots of low hanging trees are not a problem where I'm at. I've been out all day wishing I could find just one tree to park under!

Last edited:
B

BryanHeard55

Apr 6, 2016
Elko,Nevada
Hey Im from Elko, NV... Can I ask you why you didn't get the longer one? Like the idea of the spare tire mount, wish I was mechanical and do what you did.

Reactions: Lady01
zumper

zumper

Apr 4, 2016
Minden NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Im from Elko, NV... Can I ask you why you didn't get the longer one? Like the idea of the spare tire mount, wish I was mechanical and do what you did.
Hi Bryan
Elko, there’s bazillions of miles of trails.
Thanks for the compliment. It’s easy really. The tire mount was (of course) sold as for a Razr, but my Honda doesn’t know that! Remove the studs, mark the new wheel pattern, and drill. Take a lug nut to NAPA for new wheel lugs and drive them in. Cut a notch in the roof with a saber saw and bolt it on.

As for the rack, the longer one is just an insert for the one I have, which could be added. But it won’t be, as I’ve never come close to filling up the one I have.
Chuck

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With that in mind, I purchased a Lev-O-Guage to tell me my angles. Does anyone's know what the stock roll angle is, roughly? I know there are a lot of variables, so an approximation is fine; wild guesses are not helpful.
Thanks in advance.
Chuck

About 40degrees with no high weight or windshield, but that’s perfect conditions, parked on level ground no suspension activity. Just tipping it over.

I’d say 30-35ish with that much weight up high.

zumper

zumper

Apr 4, 2016
Minden NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
About 40degrees with no high weight or windshield, but that’s perfect conditions, parked on level ground no suspension activity. Just tipping it over.

I’d say 30-35ish with that much weight up high.
How did you arrive at that? I’m thinking of strapping it to a lift (with me in it) and checking roll and pitch. Thanks for the input.

A

Archangelpyro

Jan 22, 2021
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tallgrass

Tallgrass

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2020
Eufaula, OK.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is what I plan to use.

E4A714BB FA1E 4015 8B6E 38AF766E4CB1

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!