P500 Another snorkel question

RDRC

RDRC

Jul 31, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
Shadesmn did you use 2" PVC? Does the intake stick out beyond the rear rollbar? I use a back panel although I could turn the top elbow to face forward.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah i used 2" the whole way. And a reducer at the airbox fits tight if you open the collar up to wiggle it in. It sits pretty flush with the back, if it sticks out its not enough to hit anything. I'll get a better side pic when i get home tonight.

Reactions: JTW
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
So i guess it sticks out a bit more than i thought, but still not bad. Easily remedied with it turned a different direction the way i did it. And if its staying inside a closed off cab a 45 on top instead of a 90 might even keep it inside..thats mostly why i ran it inside so the whole thing wasnt hindering space on the rack

20161014 233600 20161014 233636

RDRC

RDRC

Jul 31, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
Using a back panel, I would have to face the intake opening into the cab. It might be a tad loud.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
First and last time you will EVER utter those words!!
@JTW i think you'd fit right in with the rest of the dirty minded crowd in my neck of the woods. Always have to be careful of setting up a that's what she said type response. ;)

Reactions: JTW
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Using a back panel, I would have to face the intake opening into the cab. It might be a tad loud.
You could always run it further up the roll bars with some more angled fittings to keep it inside and get it near the top so the noise isn't right next to your head. It wouldn't take much I don't think. Probably like a 22.5 turned toward the front and then it would be almost straight up and down from there.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
I also figured if I ended up putting the Honda back panel on I could just leave the bottom center part zipped open and let the snorkel go thru to the back that way. Or if you run a hard plastic panel you'd have to cut a hole for it I guess..

J

JTW

I also figured if I ended up putting the Honda back panel on I could just leave the bottom center part zipped open and let the snorkel go thru to the back that way. Or if you run a hard plastic panel you'd have to cut a hole for it I guess..
I was planning on going with the Honda back panel.. glad to know that will work!

J

JTW

@JTW i think you'd fit right in with the rest of the dirty minded crowd in my neck of the woods. Always have to be careful of setting up a that's what she said type response. ;)
Lmao.. I mean, it's true.. birds of a feather! Most everyone here seems to be of the red variety!

Reactions: Shadesmn
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!