P500 Another Sucker is Born!

Duckiller

Duckiller

Oct 17, 2016
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 500
My buddy could not take it anymore. He had been drooling over my p5 since I got it and today it was just too much for him. He pulled the trigger on a new 2017. Best part is he ordered about everything you can order but he is NOT very mechanical. That means I get to tinker on it without having to spend a dollar! I think I like building them as much as I like driving one! I did finally pull the trigger on the roof, my guy got me dealer cost since I brought him this deal. $240 seemed reasonable to me.

Posse

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
My buddy could not take it anymore. He had been drooling over my p5 since I got it and today it was just too much for him. He pulled the trigger on a new 2017. Best part is he ordered about everything you can order but he is NOT very mechanical. That means I get to tinker on it without having to spend a dollar! I think I like building them as much as I like driving one! I did finally pull the trigger on the roof, my guy got me dealer cost since I brought him this deal. $240 seemed reasonable to me.

View attachment 28181
That's awesome Duck, I love it when that happens.

Reactions: Duckiller
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
What is amazing to me is that they want over $600 more for a little tiny bit of camo! That to me is crazy!
With a blow dryer and some Camo you can wrap your own.

Reactions: Duckiller
Duckiller

Duckiller

Oct 17, 2016
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 500
OK, his machine is making progress. I added the Honda/Warn winch which was SO MUCH EASIER than the Superwinch I put on mine. All of the cables were the exact correct length and having done one before made it a snap. Less than 2 hours! I do like mine being mounted higher than his though but YMMV. I then added 2 small LED lights using the same method I used adding my own light bar. And last I installed his NOAM Bluetooth Stereo. Not sure it sounds as good as mine does after all my work and the second amp but it is close and WAY easier than the way I went. His 26" Trilobites on black SS's will be in today with the Honda bed and full windshield.

Two problems though. The first is he is still waiting on the acc harness so everything is ALMOST hooked up but not completed yet which is killing me/him. The second is his machine is now effectively done......and I need a new project. :-(

Pictures to follow.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
OK, his machine is making progress. I added the Honda/Warn winch which was SO MUCH EASIER than the Superwinch I put on mine. All of the cables were the exact correct length and having done one before made it a snap. Less than 2 hours! I do like mine being mounted higher than his though but YMMV. I then added 2 small LED lights using the same method I used adding my own light bar. And last I installed his NOAM Bluetooth Stereo. Not sure it sounds as good as mine does after all my work and the second amp but it is close and WAY easier than the way I went. His 26" Trilobites on black SS's will be in today with the Honda bed and full windshield.

Two problems though. The first is he is still waiting on the acc harness so everything is ALMOST hooked up but not completed yet which is killing me/him. The second is his machine is now effectively done......and I need a new project. :-(

Pictures to follow.
Chop it.....
seems how trigger
backed out...

Reactions: trigger
Spellmajr

Spellmajr

Jul 10, 2016
North MS
Ownership

1. 500
What is amazing to me is that they want over $600 more for a little tiny bit of camo! That to me is crazy!

I jewed my dealer down on camo. I waited until no colored ones were left. I told them I wanted a pioneer today and it wasn't my fault they only had camo. So they met me in the middle on the price difference between the two. 250$ extra for
Camo

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I jewed my dealer down on camo. I waited until no colored ones were left. I told them I wanted a pioneer today and it wasn't my fault they only had camo. So they met me in the middle on the price difference between the two. 250$ extra for
Camo
Gotta out fox these boys!

Reactions: Spellmajr
Duckiller

Duckiller

Oct 17, 2016
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 500
An now its done. Added another light bar to the green one and a Volt Meter today but now his is done. Good news is......another friend just bought a p500 and all of his parts are starting to trickle into my garage! Wheels and tires showed up yesterday, winch today. Looks like another couple days of building ANOTHER one is coming.

20161212 160317 20161221 165234 20161221 165305

Reactions: tjolley_382
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I would agree. I had a green 2003 Rancher which I think was a much better green color. The new green is more avocado and I cant say I am a fan.
Just take some chips when you go, DUGH. HA! Went riding with some guys that had the P5's, I'm impressed with them, a little tippy though.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!