swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Lately My wife, kids and myself have been going to unfamiliar areas to ride and we get distracted with nature and wildlife and alot of times the machine is away from home and I cant see it.Alot of quads and Atvs are stolen and never recovered.... I wanted a devise like Lojack to be able to recover it before some one gets away to far or starts to dismantle it for ebay parts....I found 300 dollars gadgets and up to 1000 dollars anti theft devises,but I never get accurate feed backs on how they work....Reviews are misleading.....I also wanted a devise for more than one vehicle.....Then I found an article on the internet bike forum where someone bought a 30 dollar Cell phone and added it to there plan for 10 bucks a month.They downloaded a tracking app for phones and bougth a 5 dollar 12 volt charger to wire in direct...You leave the phone on and muted...So in the case your baby gets stolen you just check the app on your phone and track the other phone you have hid on your machine....Even if the thief cuts the power the phone has its own battery.....up to a week it would last....Has anyone else tried this....You can also move it to another vehicle or even see where your daughter goes with the car......I just ordered a Motorola I 290 cause they recommended that phone and its 10 bucks a month.....Also in the case your own phone breaks or dies you can use the motola you have hidden on your machine.......Just wanted to share that and to see if anyone else has tried this.....

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
cell phone sounds like a good idea as long as the thieves don't take your rig in to an area thats not covered by cell phones. I'd make sure the cell service for the motorola has coverage where ever you may go riding.