Any word on 2015 Pioneer updates vs 2014?

240tt

Mar 11, 2014
I am looking at purchasing a 700-4 and with timing and some patience want to wait for the 2015 model line. Has anyone heard of any updates to correct issues or enhancements over the 2014 model after they have been out in the real world for a while now?

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
I will be surprised if Honda makes any changes, Being that the Pioneer is selling as soon as they hit the dealer, Some dealers are still waiting on their Pioneers to show up.

HondaTim

HondaTim

Feb 8, 2014
Thats a good question ... when will the 2015 hit the market?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
HondaTim said:
Thats a good question ... when will the 2015 hit the market?
Fall 2014.
I too highly dough you will see any changes. Maybe small ones like wheel caps and whatnot.

mayoaaron

mayoaaron

Jan 30, 2014
what tailgate issue are you having?

C

Clarky

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
I think they are talking about the tailgate wires being too short, so the tailgate doesn't lay flat with the bed when opened up.

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
Hopefully Honda will update the Muffler to one that doesn't plug / restrict exhaust flow after a few hundred miles.

advertisement
fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
On all Pioneer 700 ( 2's or 4's), there are numerous reports of an internal muffler failure causing exhaust flow restriction. If you do a word search "muffler" on this forum you'll see pages of comments and experiences with this topic. It does appear there is / was a bad weld in manufacturing process that breaks with time and causes an internal baffle flange within the muffler to move around and hit the spark arrestor within muffler. Depending on where this loose flange ends up, it can cause a partial or a total restriction of exhaust flow. As more Pioneers are getting some miles on them, the issue is becoming more prevalent and reported. Hopefully, Honda will live up to its quality reputation and do the right (proactive recall) thing for all affected Pioneer owners.

hondaslob524

hondaslob524

Feb 4, 2014
Upper Michigan (yooper)
Thanks for the helpful tip! Hope they do a recall....all is welll here so far @ 111 miles. Just waiting for the weather to break so I can give it a good wash, change the oil and install the new kfi stealth winch. I will pull the spark arrestor and inspect it as well!

T

The Wire

Jan 12, 2014
Interesting post from another forum

"I was in the local Honda Dealer today and he told me there would be a news release in 2 months about a new SXS Honda is developing with 2 cylinder and a low range. Not sure it he was blowing smoke or just getting a good laugh for getting me all excited. Question, has anyone else heard of a new Honda SXS in the pipeline?"

http://www.link-disallowed/forums/gen ... quest.html

Sounds like it might be some smoke blowing. I have a P4 on order, and these kind of posts give me a twinge of "should I wait". But I'm psyched about getting my P4, I doubt the rumor is true and I wouldn't want the first 1-2 model years of an new engine and tranny.

K

kyhunter

Oct 30, 2013
I was told they was going to release all the New Models at the same time. But I don't really see how they can do that very soon considering they cant make the Pioneers fast enough.

C

chuck

Dec 14, 2013
Visited my dealer last weekend. I was told Honda has a 900 in development! Stay tuned.

chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
Well i was in the market for a sxs , and was looking at the honda pioneer. but after all these rumors of a honda sport sxs i may have to wait it out and see what happens this year? just wondering , any of you guys/gals heard anymore news on this rumored sport sxs

chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
Well i was in the market for a sxs , and was looking at the honda pioneer. but after all these rumors of a honda sport sxs i may have to wait it out and see what happens this year? just wondering , any of you guys/gals heard anymore news on this rumored sport sxs

240tt

Mar 11, 2014
Hum, 900 Pioneer SXS 700-4 would be all I would ever ask for. Looks like I need to wait and see for now. If the 2015 are same model with muffler fix and couple other miner tweaks is all that would be available then would purchase that model for now and if they would come out with a larger engine model could always sell and update when that time comes. When does Honda release the new model years typically?

chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
I know right now starting this week April 1 they are starting to leak out new dirt bikes and motorcycles for 2015 . I would say between now and some time this some they will release info on new atv's or sxs if they have any. All i can do is hope . Honda just revealed the new NM4 700 , WITH A PARALLEL TWIN 6 SPEED DUAL CLUTCH AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION. Now if they took that engine and put it on the rincon or in the pioneer i would get one.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!