S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
thank you toddaclimer and others...done deal...

Gary
ok just need to decide if I should go with a 54.0" curved or 40.0" straight... also I hope it comes with cage mount brackets or I will fab my own. I want it mounted under the Honda hard roof...

thanks,
Gary

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
thank you toddaclimer and others...done deal...

Gary

HOLD ON

I have several Rough Country lights and yes they are good lights. However, I am looking at getting some lights from GG Lighting. They came recommended by a friend. From what I have gathered they are better than Rough Country lights. It's worth taking a look. Next time I buy lights I'm going to give them a shot. Just a thought.

gglights.com

Reactions: Tigermark
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
HOLD ON

I have several Rough Country lights and yes they are good lights. However, I am looking at getting some lights from GG Lighting. They came recommended by a friend. From what I have gathered they are better than Rough Country lights. Sounds like they are as good as Rigid but not as much money. It's worth taking a look. Next time I buy lights I'm going to give them a shot. Just a thought.

gglights.com

J

JTW

HOLD ON

I have several Rough Country lights and yes they are good lights. However, I am looking at getting some lights from GG Lighting. They came recommended by a friend. From what I have gathered they are better than Rough Country lights. It's worth taking a look. Next time I buy lights I'm going to give them a shot. Just a thought.

gglights.com
Hmmmmm... looks good!

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
HOLD ON

gglights.com
Ok thanks for your advice... Will look at those too... I am also buying the dragonflies whip lights like you have.

Thanks,
Gary

advertisement
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok thanks for your advice... Will look at those too... I am also buying the dragonflies whip lights like you have.

Thanks,
Gary
I dont have whips but the GG LIGHTS are worth a look. I saw they were out at king of the hammers. Must be decent. Let me know if you give them a try.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ok just need to decide if I should go with a 54.0" curved or 40.0" straight... also I hope it comes with cage mount brackets or I will fab my own. I want it mounted under the Honda hard roof...

thanks,
Gary

unless you are running desert at 60 you really won't need a 40" RC equivalent. 30-40mph on trails that will allow 30-40mph is easy with the RC. I went from a 40" dual row amazon special to a 20" single row RC and it is easily twice as bright with ¼ of the surface area. Drew twice as many amps as well the Amazon special was supposed to be a 20amp draw and only drew @4amps I think and the RC was supposed to draw 9amps and it drew 9amps.

just the bar no headlights

Last edited:
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Id say Rough Country or Black Oak, those GG lights may be worth taking a look at. I have a small rough country on the front of my Nissan the back roads here don't have street lights my bar is 8in single row it lights up the night for me for driving to see deer and other wildlife in the ditches.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I prefer the smaller lights to get a good light pattern.

2 8" RCs outside and a 12" center. IMG 20181010 194203

Headlights only

IMG 20181010 195925
12" and headlights
IMG 20181010 195933

All the lights
IMG 20181010 195938

You can see how much depth and width the lights add to the stock LED headlights

Reactions: Tigermark and JTW
B

BBLASER

Nov 11, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put a 52" curved on mine at the bottom of the windshield. Curved lightbar with spot/flood mix is where it is at. Tons of peripheral vision that really helps when your haulin arse late at night.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
unless you are running desert at 60 you really won't need a 40" RC equivalent. 30-40mph on trails that will allow 30-40mph is easy with the RC. I went from a 40" dual row amazon special to a 20" single row RC and it is easily twice as bright with ¼ of the surface area. Drew twice as many amps as well the Amazon special was supposed to be a 20amp draw and only drew @4amps I think and the RC was supposed to draw 9amps and it drew 9amps.

just the bar no headlights
I got the same 20" RC light after you told me to and its awesome. Now @Ragnar406 has one too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: ohanacreek
J

JTW

I put a 52" curved on mine at the bottom of the windshield. Curved lightbar with spot/flood mix is where it is at. Tons of peripheral vision that really helps when your haulin arse late at night.
Nope... just pulled that from mine... I kept having blown fuse issues at the worst possible times and it just draws too much power for the second under hood battery option. Spend the money for better smaller lights... or don’t. I don’t care....

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nope... just pulled that from mine... I kept having blown fuse issues at the worst possible times and it just draws too much power for the second under hood battery option. Spend the money for better smaller lights... or don’t. I don’t care....

Watch the whole thing.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!