P1000 Anyone have a Seizmik X-Rack for bow or guns?

TumaloKeith

TumaloKeith

Jul 28, 2020
Powell Butte
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have not yet added a gun or bow rack to my unit, which is a major source of stress and anxiety in my life. ;) I've been considering an overhead style rack, but then have to worry about all the dust. I just saw this from Seizmik and it looks pretty neat. I'd like to know if anyone is using one of these and what you think.

My buddy gave me one of his extra Kolpin bow cases but I have not mounted it. It looks like i could improvise a way to mount it to this Seizmik rack and then put a Seizmik gun case on the other side. Then I have a case for each and I've solved the dust issue also. If I read their info correctly, it looks like it has a quick release, so easier to use the dump bed.

Reactions: Lady01
SBarben

SBarben

Jun 23, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I saw that one as well when I was looking but it was so big and gaudy and blocked out the rear view that I decided against it. I just picked up one of these and got it installed yesterday. So far, I'm quite happy with it.

Amazon.com: Universal Golf Cart & UTV Adjustable Stand Up Gun Rack, Vertical Two Gun Holder: Automotive

You have to be a bit careful when securing it to the floor. They only give you bolts with small washers and I don't think it's enough. I actually made a full size plate for the bottom, the same size as the upper mounting plate and it's rock solid now.
One nice thing I like about it is that it's a quick disconnect. When I'm not taking a gun with me, I just pull the shaft and leave the plate on the floor.

TumaloKeith

TumaloKeith

Jul 28, 2020
Powell Butte
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks, that's good info. Not sure if my bow would fit in that. The bow is an awkward beast to figure out how to carry it and not get it covered in dust. :eek:

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Nice looking case and hangs well where you have it.

I used to teach bow to hunter safety classes and I got tired of carry a bunch of gear to class so I made a slide show and only carry a slide projector now but it's hard to hunt with it. I also hung up the compounds and pretty much only shoot recurves now...deer and other game seem to be just as dead with it...just need to be a bit closer.

I think I'm going to use an old Kolpin "2 fork" rack on the Pioneer and see how that works out.

TumaloKeith

TumaloKeith

Jul 28, 2020
Powell Butte
Ownership

1. 1000-3
A bit closer, maybe a lot closer .... Or in a blind

Keiths Elk IMG 8385001

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Those are absolutely magnificent animals...ones to be most proud of by any hunter. I've seen racks like that across a canyon or pasture not even within good rifle range. It takes very persistant scouting, a lot of work and some luck to get bow shots on those critters. Nice work!!!

R

riverjetter

May 10, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought two of the Kolpin model #20079 bow (gun) racks to install in my 2021 PK5 and I can attest that it was a struggle getting everything lined up so it didn't cause damage my bow in transport. I feel it is poorly designed because the part that holds the bow does not swivel and therefore is unable to conform to the odd angles most bows have. I also discovered that this model will only work in the front half to the machine and is not long enough to install in the back half. I am now in the process of ordering the Great Day Quick Draw for the back half and am hoping it will work. If you decide to go this route be sure to order the right one the model # QD862-OBR . This one runs from side to side not front to back and is the only one long enough to fit my machine. I have yet to find one that will work in the rear of my machine that runs front to back. I did buy another set up that may turn out to be my best option and was way less money than the other two I previously mentioned. Found on Amazon and it's called

BUNKER INDUST UTV Gun Holder​

Sorry, I couldn't get the active link. Not computer suave enough. Hopefully someone else can post the link.

advertisement
R

riverjetter

May 10, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's not necessarily the guns I am having a problem with so much as where to position a bow. Guns are pretty straight forward. Pretty much straight, with a stock and barrel. There aren't any odd shapes you have to contend with whereas a bow can have many aspects that make it hard to install. Different sights, limbs configurations, length, depth from string to limbs, different quivers, and brace heights. Once you get one bow to fit another one may not fit the same way due to the problems I described above. I did purchase a double bow case and tried it to see if it would work, ended up taking it back. Just my two cents worth.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!