BOX1

P700 Anyone have this plow setup from SuperATV?

Theron

Theron

Sep 30, 2013
Anchorage Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
Honda Pioneer 700 Plow Pro Heavy Duty Snow Plow - Complete Kit

Looking for something to do a couple of driveways around the neighborhood. Any reviews of this plow or other will be appreciated. Just had our first snow last night and got me looking for more seriously for a plow.

Those push tubes with the bend in them looks like a weak point. I have a Denali plow that works great but anything with straight push tubes is what I would be looking for. Sometimes you hit pretty hard and I just don't think that will hold up. I see why they did it as it allows you to pick the plow up much higher but it looks scary with that bend. If you weld an 1/8" steel gusset piece on each side I would say it should be fine. Hope someone who has used one will chime in, but i think they are pretty new so you may need to be the one.

Last edited:
Reactions: chavezr6
xltman

xltman

Feb 1, 2017
US
Can you post pics of the Denali plow setup? I was looking at that on Amazon.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
Those push tubes with the bend in them looks like a weak point. I have a Denali plow that works great but anything with straight push tubes is what I would be looking for. Sometimes you hit pretty hard and I just don't think that will hold up. I see why they did it as it allows you to pick the plow up much higher but it looks scary with that bend. If you weld an 1/8" steel gusset piece on each side I would say it should be fine. Hope someone who has used one will chime in, but i think they are pretty new so you may need to be the one.
For the money I wouldn't chance it I also considered the Denali for my recent purchase but the KFI was a little cheaper and the pivot mechanism seemed more simple.

Theron

Theron

Sep 30, 2013
Anchorage Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
For the money I wouldn't chance it I also considered the Denali for my recent purchase but the KFI was a little cheaper and the pivot mechanism seemed more simple.
I don't know that the KFI was available when I bought mine. From what I can see the push tubes are straight but longer and mount mid chassis. For that reason I think it would be a bit more of a pain to take it off and on as the Denali mounts in the front and I take mine off during the season for winter rides and just leave the mounting plate in place. I do take the mounting plate off completely in the summer as I'm afraid it would get mangled rock bashing as the mounting tabs are the lowest point in the front of the machine. That being said they are very stout tabs but why risk it as it only take 10 minutes to remove the mounting plate completely. I also wanted an electric pivot and the Denali has one all set up for their system. KFI may also, I don't know, but even if they don't the Warn actuator could probably be used with a little fab work. I don't think it is necessary for a lot of situations but my driveway would be a pain if I had to get out and manually pivot the plow.

Reactions: Harman24630
Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don't know that the KFI was available when I bought mine. From what I can see the push tubes are straight but longer and mount mid chassis. For that reason I think it would be a bit more of a pain to take it off and on as the Denali mounts in the front and I take mine off during the season for winter rides and just leave the mounting plate in place. I do take the mounting plate off completely in the summer as I'm afraid it would get mangled rock bashing as the mounting tabs are the lowest point in the front of the machine. That being said they are very stout tabs but why risk it as it only take 10 minutes to remove the mounting plate completely. I also wanted an electric pivot and the Denali has one all set up for their system. KFI may also, I don't know, but even if they don't the Warn actuator could probably be used with a little fab work. I don't think it is necessary for a lot of situations but my driveway would be a pain if I had to get out and manually pivot the plow.
The KFI mounts up front and the tabs on it are up so they aren't the lowest point on the vehicle. I liked the idea for power angle and don't believe it would b hard at all to convert the KFI. KFI's push tubes have a slight angle to them if they weren't the blade wouldn't be level once it was angled. The tubes are gusetted with what appears to b 5/16 plate the full length of them

IMG 1021

Theron

Theron

Sep 30, 2013
Anchorage Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
The KFI mounts up front and the tabs on it are up so they aren't the lowest point on the vehicle. I liked the idea for power angle and don't believe it would b hard at all to convert the KFI. KFI's push tubes have a slight angle to them if they weren't the blade wouldn't be level once it was angled. The tubes are gusetted with what appears to b 5/16 plate the full length of them

View attachment 57433
I had looked at a few online but they were not for the pioneer. That looks very similar and comparable to the Denali setup. Looks solid! Could probably use the Warn Provantage Plow lift as a pivot actuator for $200 on amazon as it is very similar to what came with my Denali for pivoting. I actually bought the warn lift and tried to use it to lift my plow instead of using the winch. I fab it all up and it worked great except it would not stay up. It would very slowly go down after you let off the switch, so I switched back to the winch. For pivoting though it should not be a problem, it just wouldn't hold the weight of my plow.

Reactions: Harman24630
Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
I had looked at a few online but they were not for the pioneer. That looks very similar and comparable to the Denali setup. Looks solid! Could probably use the Warn Provantage Plow lift as a pivot actuator for $200 on amazon as it is very similar to what came with my Denali for pivoting. I actually bought the warn lift and tried to use it to lift my plow instead of using the winch. I fab it all up and it worked great except it would not stay up. It would very slowly go down after you let off the switch, so I switched back to the winch. For pivoting though it should not be a problem, it just wouldn't hold the weight of my plow.
I was really impressed once it got here with the quality and design I knew from what I had researched KFI and Denali where at the top of the list but I expected less because it was the cheaper of the two... I think I'm going to leave my plate on and get two 1/2" chain shackles to put on the tabs to have two lower pull points.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can you post pics of the Denali plow setup? I was looking at that on Amazon.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Here is mine love it

20161229 093201

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!