Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Looking for inner diameter of the factory rock slides on the 1000. Trying to beef these up before they get hammered up again. Thanks for any information.

Reactions: pct and BWAF
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking for inner diameter of the factory rock slides on the 1000. Trying to beef these up before they get hammered up again. Thanks for any information.
Can't you pop off the end cap and measure?

Reactions: BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just checked mine is not that round and checking sucks trail armor sikd plate rear foot step but around 1.65 don't quote me my calipers here at home ,are at home because there not good enough for work and i have been drinking since 10:30 but screws from top factor and I have screws from bottom from skid plate ?

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3

How do you measure something that is bent and twisted?

I'll bet that your bends and twists are a lot different than mine anyways @CumminsPusher.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
How do you measure something that is bent and twisted?

I'll bet that your bends and twists are a lot different than mine anyways @CumminsPusher.
The rails are straight right now till the upcoming weekend. That’s why I was going to try to get something done. I don’t have a gauge, was hoping to hear from someone who has reinforced then to see what diameter pipe to use

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
The rails are straight right now till the upcoming weekend. That’s why I was going to try to get something done. I don’t have a gauge, was hoping to hear from someone who has reinforced then to see what diameter pipe to use
There's a threaded nipple in 1 or 2 places that sticks down in the tube if I remember correctly. 1 5/8" OD Tube is probably the closest to fit. 1-1/4" pipe has a 1.66" OD and might be a little to tight. You can get that at lowes. If u have a piece of PVC you could check with that.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
There's a threaded nipple in 1 or 2 places that sticks down in the tube if I remember correctly. 1 5/8" OD Tube is probably the closest to fit. 1-1/4" pipe has a 1.66" OD and might be a little to tight. You can get that at lowes. If u have a piece of PVC you could check with that.
Awesome I’ll see about that. I figured on a couple things to have to knock out. Planned on urethane in and skid plate bolts to hold in place.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks guys, great help!
Got to thinking more about it and I’ll just run double back on the angle iron since the rails are currently straight. Easy piezy for the weekend! Probably hook @Tigermark up too if it looks like they won’t snag. Then later look at adding additional strength.
I don’t want to add rock sliders because there are already parts of the trails we are splitting trees to get through. Don’t want to get stuck on mid sections.

Last edited:
Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
Following, my driver is crushed to the point the door barely closes. Been putting off buying new ones untill I think up a good way to reinforce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Following, my driver is crushed to the point the door barely closes. Been putting off buying new ones untill I think up a good way to reinforce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Then be proud it means you’re riding it!
There are some pretty sweet rock sliders people on here are making as well to look at. Personally i can’t have the extra width but I’ve trashed the last three sets on machines so it’s time for something non obtrusive that holds up

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

1 1/4” sch 40 pipe wont fit unless you turn it down .020”

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I was looking at adding u cannel under each rail. You would have to notch out in a few places but it would give you a good firm mounting surface to attach skid plates
I was thinking that same thing for someone wanting to build something to sell. That is something I’m positive three strips of double back would hold up so anyone could apply.
Someone could build a direct rear brace as well and sell the s*** out of both. Some people are scared to drill or weld to their machine

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!