Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You could do rock sliders that don’t hang off much. They pickup most of the bashing

Reactions: BWAF
Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2BD89B0A 2283 4B6B BC76 BD351EEFC298
16D91771 373A 4BFE BEBF AEA4C20BE27E
I was thinking that same thing for someone wanting to build something to sell. That is something I’m positive three strips of double back would hold up so anyone could apply.
Someone could build a direct rear brace as well and sell the s*** out of both. Some people are scared to drill or weld to their machine

My next rock sliders will have the u channel to attach to the rails.

J

JTW

I was looking at adding u cannel under each rail. You would have to notch out in a few places but it would give you a good firm mounting surface to attach skid plates
I thought about that but the hardware store didn’t have any..

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
View attachment 72036 View attachment 72037

My next rock sliders will have the u channel to attach to the rails.

Really nice job building those. I like how you tied it all in.
I will build a side bracket like that to the frame. Pioneer needs it bad. I do believe strengthened up rockers and the rear brace will be plenty overkill.

Bought 1” angle tonight and held it up to the rockers and it was fine but skid wouldn’t mount squarely through. I’ll pick up 1-1/4 3-16 thick angle tomorrow. Trying to stay narrow as possible so it can’t snag and looks factory with minimal plastic trimming. I’d love to use heavy pipe and cut in half but have no way of doing that. Hell bent to get this done before the pretzel happens again.

Reactions: BWAF and Tigermark
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Really nice job building those. I like how you tied it all in.
I will build a side bracket like that to the frame. Pioneer needs it bad. I do believe strengthened up rockers and the rear brace will be plenty overkill.

Bought 1” angle tonight and held it up to the rockers and it was fine but skid wouldn’t mount squarely through. I’ll pick up 1-1/4 3-16 thick angle tomorrow. Trying to stay narrow as possible so it can’t snag and looks factory with minimal plastic trimming. I’d love to use heavy pipe and cut in half but have no way of doing that. Hell bent to get this done before the pretzel happens again.
X2;)

J

JTW

Well... we’ll see how these do. I don’t have time to brace the back like Windrock did and add my side sliding tubes... but that’s on my list. 2”x 1/4” angle just bolted thru will give me a good base to go from. I ended up having to do this in order to have a proper mounting surface for the new skid plates. I’ll thread the angle finish the inserts and then be ready to rock and roll... Literally!

Last edited by a moderator:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ok so I cheated for the weekend. I actually think this would hold up pretty well if the skid plate screws through.
Simply took 1-1/4 angle 3/16 thick cut to size,sanded and used a metal etch then flat black, added double back, got it under the front plastic so it doesn’t catch and installed. Cost 25$ and 10 minuets. I’ll probably weld these on later but curious to see if it holds up first. It’s got to protect drastically better then without.

F4F93BB4 95BA 4014 9C9F 0E8DB2D86E2D
4FA5F5C8 123F 4D4B 8790 EC5EDBB63D9E
3AA1901B D3E0 4367 AF9F 88211AC97EE1

Better then nothing, no skills required. Report back later!

advertisement
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok so I cheated for the weekend. I actually think this would hold up pretty well if the skid plate screws through.
Simply took 1-1/4 angle 3/16 thick cut to size,sanded and used a metal etch then flat black, added double back, got it under the front plastic so it doesn’t catch and installed. Cost 25$ and 10 minuets. I’ll probably weld these on later but curious to see if it holds up first. It’s got to protect drastically better then without.

View attachment 72124 View attachment 72125 View attachment 72126
Very nice

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Some good thinking boys! Can’t wait to hear how they hold up! If they fail post pics;)
I post pics either way! Again I probably will weld these but after install you can’t get them off to save your life so we’ll see:)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well hell! Jacked the side of the rig off the weakest spot under the angle iron. Rail never moved it just transferred the weight down the rail. Not bad for double back! But as I thought about it most situations you’ll be pushing the tape tighter not against it. Got a good feeling!
@Tigermark ill have a set ready for the 2 min installation when you get here to at least protect them till we do better!
Our ride next weekend will be the rough stuff now!
BED59440 9663 4AA9 B9B4 CC82DCFF9520

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Well hell! Jacked the side of the rig off the weakest spot under the angle iron. Rail never moved it just transferred the weight down the rail. Not bad for double back! But as I thought about it most situations you’ll be pushing the tape tighter not against it. Got a good feeling!
@Tigermark ill have a set ready for the 2 min installation when you get here to at least protect them till we do better!
Our ride next weekend will be the rough stuff now!View attachment 72147
Your a good man! Thank you!

J

JTW

View attachment 72124 View attachment 72125 View attachment 72126
It took me f***ing forever to drill thru 1/4” then both tube sides 8 times! If the double sided will hold you could sell a 1000!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It took me f***ing forever to drill thru 1/4” then both tube sides 8 times!
Honestly I’d still consider the tape before the bolts. They are damn solid, I was surprised!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I had to have mine removable as I plan on adding some bracing and slide tubes like Windrock.. but I’m not going to have time for that this trip.
It’ll be far superior then stock right now for you. I do plan on the side brace as well

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!