P700 anyone rig up a reciver mounted winch?

X

xpgadex

Nov 6, 2015
ontario canada
Just took delivery of our 700-4 a week ago; now the accessorizing begins. I have already installed the full roof and glass windshield but next is the winch. I would like to have a receiver mounted winch to be able to mount both front or back for those times that you want to go back where you came from. Any suggestions?
Cheers,

Darryl

B

Bornlzr

Nov 13, 2015
Just took delivery of our 700-4 a week ago; now the accessorizing begins. I have already installed the full roof and glass windshield but next is the winch. I would like to have a receiver mounted winch to be able to mount both front or back for those times that you want to go back where you came from. Any suggestions?
Cheers,

Darryl
I never got around to completing the set up but if you look at KFI's accessories site they have much of what you will need, I do not represent them in any way. I purchased and installed their front mount 2" receiver on my 700, it fit well and seemed solid and if you leave the winch up there it is high enough to it's not hitting something all the time. I had a 9500# warn winch that is of course overkill but used it at the lake for taking out my dock and need the 125' cable it has on it. My intent was to install a full size battery under the drivers seat with relay etc for charging and install the quick connects that KFI has on their site for the front and rear winch locations. Others have more experience with the second battery hook up as I never got around to it. I will be looking to do the same as soon as my 1000 comes in as soon as someone makes the 2" front receiver mount. Photo shows a Bully Dog step I just had laying around and stuck it into the receiver.
700 4 front .

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
If you plan to do serious winching from the rear receiver hitch I would recommend adding gussets for added strength. A few people have broke the hitch using plows. They aren't designed for the upward force exerted by the plow (or potentially a winch). Search "receiver hitch beware" to see what others have done.

X

xpgadex

Nov 6, 2015
ontario canada
Thanks for the info guys. I am going to fab a rear receiver that is higher than the stock placement just for the winch. I want to incorporate it into a rear bumper so that the winch will be out of the muck.

Front winches work great when riding with buddies however if I am on my own I prefer the option to be able to winch myself back where I came from.

I understand the weakness of the factory hitch receiver. It is too low to work for my needs anyway.

Cheers,

Darryl

d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
Why not use a snatchblock ?

X

xpgadex

Nov 6, 2015
ontario canada
You can rig just about anything if you have enough snatch blocks. My thinking is if you venture alone most of the time it is much more convenient to have a rear mounted winch or at least the option. In most situations when you are on your own and stuck you are best to winch yourself back the way you came.

I am planning on putting Camoplast Tatou tracks on this and if/when you get stuck in an open field with nothing to winch to it is easier to throw in an anchor behind you then attempt to break trail ahead of you.

With enough rigging you can do most anything however I just think to be able to quickly remove your winch from the front (pull a pin and unplug) and then pin it on the back would be nice to have.

Darryl

Reactions: Tflynn
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
One of these days I'm going to get around to installing a permanent rear winch for this exact reasons

Reactions: ohanacreek
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One of these days I'm going to get around to installing a permanent rear winch for this exact reasons

It's been done on the 700 I really liked @spifyd s design. The 1000 is going to be harder because of the exhaust.

G

greenheadsled

Feb 25, 2016
Elkton MI
I had the same idea, could you please post some pics of your build?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!